Days 7 and Carl Gustaf Day!

CaribbeanSoul

SBH Insider
Thursday was a villa day with drinks by the pool followed by a trip into Gustavia for some beers at Le Select and a replenish of a couple of my favorite t-shirts in new colors. The boutique was closed but Mary showed up with the work schedule for the guys behind the bar and she opened up the shop to accommodate our shopping and to save us a trip into town as we are nearing the end of our stay. We grabbed a half-meter pizza at L'Isoletta (sorry no pics too hungry) which we reheated later in the evening when the temps cooled down. The gals at L'Isoletta were so helpful and nice....maybe they should apply for jobs at L'Esprit :p. We enjoyed a couple of aranci and a glass of white wine while we waited for our pizza.....the best that SBH has to offer, IMHO.
IMG_0102.jpg

IMG_0097.jpg

IMG_0104.jpg

Yesterday, Friday, I've labeled as Carl Gustaf day as we decided at the last minute to head to Shellona for lunch and we had dinner reservations at Fouquet's at the Carl Gustaf. Shellona is affiliated with the CG as their "beach" restaurant. They must provide transporation but I'm not certain on that as we have never stayed at the CG which was under remodel then Irma hit and had to remodel the remodel....from what I understand. Shellona doesn't get a lot of "press" here on the forum and I understand why, but we really like it there. It has been a couple of trips since we have visted here. It feels like we are sitting on the French Riviera or somewhere in Greece. The service is always on point and the food is good. The vibe is chic and chill without the clubby aspects that some of the other beach restaurants are known for. We shared the nicoise salad with shrimps to start. I ordered the Mahi-Mahi burger (shocker) and Kim the chicken sandwich. Both were very good....mine could have had a thicker filet of fish, but overall....really good and light enough. The salad was the star today though and the bottle of wine! ! That's my Shellona review!
IMG_0124.jpg
IMG_0126.jpg
IMG_0131.jpg

IMG_9260.jpg

Thursday evening was Fouquet's, as I mentioned earlier. Our first time for dinner here but we have enjoyed a couple of breakfasts here, usually on our day of departure. The view is spectacular during the day as most of you know. We were seated in a nice two top table on the rail. It was hot and very little breeze but not the fault of the restaurant. We started off with a couple of espresso martinis and ordered a bottle of bordeaux. Service was on point and attentive in all regards. We shared the burrata with tomato jam and pomegranate and the honey glazed tuna tartare with a soy and ginger sauce and both ordered the shrimp linguine. The best pasta we have had on St. Barths! Will definitely return, hopefully when it's a little breezier! That's my review of Fouquet's!
IMG_0151.jpg
IMG_0150.jpg
IMG_0159.jpg

It's our last full day on the island :cry:. It's been a fabulous trip and the weather has been amazing! We never take that for granted or anything else. Not sure what our plans are for the day but sometimes those are the best plans! Thanks for taking the time to read these on island reports! I'll post a summary when we get back to Portland.

Last edited:
Enjoyed reading your reports and yes, the time just flies by. You did a lot and thanks for sharing your meals and activities with photos.

Wishing you safe and smooth travels home.

Reviews were much appreciated . . . photography always excellent. Have a safe trip back to Portland.

Safe trip and sorry our paths didn't cross this year. Maybe next?
I had my eye out for you two! We have a family related trip to St John that is going to trump our trip next May/June. It's a bummer but we are hoping to return November 2024. I hope you had a good trip back to Houston! Cheers!