Day 6 NAO, L'Esprit

CaribbeanSoul

SBH Insider
Typical morning by the pool, catching up on a little work and bottle of champagne. Decided to head down to NAO for lunch at 1:30, with a reservation this time. Seated at a beautiful table under a giant palm right on the rail. It was a Wednesday early afternoon, so it was pretty quiet. Our server was Sara and she was very kind and spoke good english. We ordered a bottle of Pouilly-Fuisse, the dragon roll, a spicy tuna roll and the raw Obsiblue shrimps in a garlic, yuzu and lime zest marinade (yum!). Everything was outstanding and NAO is now our "go-to" for excellent quality sushi on SBH. That's my review of NAO!
IMG_0057.jpg

IMG_0060.jpg

IMG_0053.jpg

Wednesday evening was our much anticipated visit to L'Esprit for the first time. We have had it on our itinerary in previous years, but for whatever reason, we had a change in plans. Our reservation was at 8PM and the restaurant was starting to get pretty busy, most likely due to the approaching close for the season and the 70E prix fixe menu which is a great value. The atmosphere was very nice, the food was good but the service lacking. About as succinct as I can put it and this was both of our thoughts. Kim had the roasted shrimp on a mushroom ravioli and the Angus steak which was a bavette steak. I had the foie gras terrine and the grilled black pork loin. My pork loin was probably the best of everything we ordered. Wonderful flavor, but a little fatty, which can be expected with a pork cut. The service was the worst we have had on the island. They seemed to be fully staffed, but everyone was running around and too busy to even come to our table after we were seated. We had to flag someone down for almost everything we wanted from the wine to the bill. There was zero explanation of the menu and we decided to skip the dessert course due to the fact that it was already 10pm. We arrived a little early and had a drink at the cute bar. My mojito was excellent and Kim requested something off-piste which she enjoyed. We aren't familiar with the names outside of the chef here, but the bartender/server wasn't very friendly. They all seem to be a little put off to be there and maybe already in the off season mode. We would give it another try on a future visit as maybe this was just an off night for everyone. That's my review of L'Esprit!
IMG_0087.jpg
IMG_0089.jpg
IMG_0091.jpg
IMG_0095.jpg
IMG_0094.jpg