Curfew Announcement

Never mentioned moderators. I was commenting in general about the old saying of " power corrupts and absolute power? Fill in the rest.
You should embrace your victimhood and be honest with yourself. And others...

Look at the beginning of this thread and that is what I was commenting on. I am sorry if I confused anyone.

On a separate subject, but related, I am a first timer to St Barths-- we plan on visiting on Jan 31. I have never been positive for covid and am curious if anyone knows the protocol if one becomes positive in St Barths?

Is there a special service to get someone who is from the States back from St Barths into their country on the rare and off chance that it would become necessary? I know it's a lot of questions, but we've never encountered this type of situation and I am running into a brick wall when enquiring about it due to the inability of jets to land there!

On a separate subject, but related, I am a first timer to St Barths-- we plan on visiting on Jan 31. I have never been positive for covid and am curious if anyone knows the protocol if one becomes positive in St Barths?

Is there a special service to get someone who is from the States back from St Barths into their country on the rare and off chance that it would become necessary? I know it's a lot of questions, but we've never encountered this type of situation and I am running into a brick wall when enquiring about it due to the inability of jets to land there!

First one could not fly back to the States with a positive test. Second, one would need accommodations in which to recuperate until a negative test is accomplished. The COM apparently has some "apartments" at the sports complex and will arrange takeout meals. Now, if the infection is severe enough for hospitalization it becomes interesting as the local "hospital" is really a clinic and one would need to be transfered to a hospital on St. Martin, Guadeloupe or Martinique if one were to be treated with full measures. At that point, getting back to an inferred question, MedJets could be used for transport back home as one has met both conditions of hospitalization and access to a jet capable airport.

With respect to "the protocol," I've also been trying to pin-down the answer to this question. Assuming that hospitalization and/or evacuation from the island is not needed, then my impression is that there is a five day quarantine period on the island. It might be in the villa where one is staying (if landlord / agency "planning" arrangements permit) . . . at a hotel (especially if specially designated "Covid rooms" are established) . . . or in one of the rooms offered through the Collectivitie. Anyone know any other information?

I sent you a message that I thought you would get in SXM warning you girl!

I got your message too late as I can’t roam outside of Canada and US. I would’ve told Rob to leave much earlier while we were being shown how to use a TV that we won’t turn on while we’re here LOL

I got your message too late as I can’t roam outside of Canada and US. I would’ve told Rob to leave much earlier while we were being shown how to use a TV that we won’t turn on while we’re here LOL
Lol.

when we checked in to our Villa in Turks and Caicos last month, the manager spent 10 minutes explaining how to use the tv in the living room. I said nothing, trying to be polite.

we then stepped into the bedroom and another tv. She started to explain again and I very nicely told her that we don’t watch tv on vacation. At all.

:up::up:
Lol.

when we checked in to our Villa in Turks and Caicos last month, the manager spent 10 minutes explaining how to use the tv in the living room. I said nothing, trying to be polite.

we then stepped into the bedroom and another tv. She started to explain again and I very nicely told her that we don’t watch tv on vacation. At all.

The major indicator states in the U.S are now trending down (NY & Florida). When i was in St Barts in late July, when the summer wave erupted, it appeared to me that the island is a week or two behind Florida (Covid was all over the island end of July, beginning of August). I expect cases will start to fall off a cliff (as quickly as they sky-rocketed), over the coming weeks and by mid - late February, this entire two year mess will be all but over...

The major indicator states in the U.S are now trending down (NY & Florida). When i was in St Barts in late July, when the summer wave erupted, it appeared to me that the island is a week or two behind Florida (Covid was all over the island end of July, beginning of August). I expect cases will start to fall off a cliff (as quickly as they sky-rocketed), over the coming weeks and by mid - late February, this entire two year mess will be all but over...

I sure hope so. Good to see case counts dropping.

Le Journal is reporting that due to a court ruling in favor of a lawsuit filed by the restaurant association, curfew hours are being returned to Midnight to 05:00.

The dominoes are starting to fall.... England, Scotland, several EU countries are all waving the white flag and dropping all restrictions. This 2-year nightmare looks close to being over...