Centre L’Îlot - New Lorient Strip Mall/Gas Station

KevinS

Senior Insider
From the Centre L’Îlot FB page
IMG_6215.jpeg
IMG_6216.jpeg
, more to follow.

IMG_6213.jpeg

Oh là là! What a Christmas treat, Kevin!! Super terrific embedded reporting!! You were right: DD had better hold on to his wallet, as I have already picked out 3 pairs of sandals, and perhaps that little Prada-like tote...a nice continuation of LE, given that we can't have Anna and Erick back! (Save those ankle wraps for me, some loafer mules...well, ok, more than 3 pairs..sorry, DD) It all looks very nice and tasteful, and the gas station is a welcome addition to my side of the 'hood! Joyeuses fêtes, tout le monde!!

There are other stores there, and I will re-post names/photos from the Centre L’Îlot FB page, but I had to lead with Brin d’Île for you, DM.

There are other stores there, and I will re-post names/photos from the Centre L’Îlot FB page, but I had to lead with Brin d’Île for you, DM.
This is quite an honor and I very much appreciate your thoughtfulness! One more new thing to get excited about on the island, along with the new Monoprix, and the usual exciting visits to Marché U!! And we haven't even gotten "downtown" to Gustavia yet, but the Ocean Club is at the top of my "new" list! The anticipation is as delightful (almost) as the reality, so thank you for that little gift, mon ami!

FYI: in the aerial photo, that's the Villa Bikini above and to the right of and above the new center (with the greenish roofs). We rented it a couple of years ago in order to extend our visit. Nice views over Lorient. Road noise wasn't issue.

I love these sandals! Originally they are made by De Siena shoes and they made them in a number of colors for the main vacation cities! I bought some in St-Tropez this summer and they were hard to find (mine are turquoise) and several online stores, mostly in the UK, were selling them, so I am very happy that they are either selling them here or reproducing their own version by the manufacturer! I hope to buy many pairs when I get there!♥️🥰🙏