Book recommendations?

jgcpalmer

SBH Insider
We're heading to St Barts for the first time in November, and I'd like to pick up a book or two to look at / read through in the meantime. Any particular recommendations? I'm interested in really just about any type of book (about St Barts), whether it's a guide book, book on history, or book of photos - would just love to hear what recommendations you all have.

There are plenty of free books with great pictures and articles at the airport when you arrive. These are sponsored by local realtors, stores etc. They have good articles about restaurants, hotels, photos of things to do such as beaches, shopping, boating, etc. Unfortunately they are big and heavy but read quickly.

Thanks JEK. Yeah, that's a bit on the expensive side (I'd rather spend that money on the trip itself), but it does look like a really interesting book. Found a portion of it on Google Books so might read through it a bit.

And I'm sure this forum IS the definitive book on the island. Just looking for some pleasure reading for when I'm not at a computer.

Not to blow our own horns but JEK hit it on the head.....I can't imagine any question that someone here couldn't answer. But if there was, you would get a link to someone that could help you :triumphant:

I loved issue #18 of DISCOVER-it features, among others, the Chef from L'Esprit, Jean Claude.

Have a look at 'SPIRIT OF ST BARTH', it's a new magazine providing an original and authentic vision on St Barth's - You can get it at the St Barth Commuter Desk at the airport as well as many other places.

www.spiritofstbarth.com

A read off this site: "Les Amis de St. Barths" is pretty interesting. The plot stinks, the characters are undeveloped and there is no conclusion but still interesting.

The first villa we rented was Case et Cuisine in Marigot. Its owned by a SBH member. There was copy of book at the villa called "Case et Cusine" like the villa. The owner is one of the authors. Looks like you can get a used copy on Amazon for $25. Its great for the pictures, a brief history of SBH as well as descriptions of the various restaurants over time. I would recommend getting it.

This is an interesting read -- a compendium of newsletters about the island.

Book.jpg

Download it from here :https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6BMonm9zQwqWmMxU0JSMm12Y2M/edit?usp=sharing