BLACK GINGER

amyb

Senior Insider
Just a heads up..the restaurant will be closing August 15th for vacation. Reopening October 15th.

The restaurant was full, Gustavia was jammed with a 50 50 mix of Americans and Frenchmen

It certainly gets them away for the heart of hurricane season. Almost the whole island hunkers down and is closed in September.

I got a little nervous when I clicked on the thread. Black Ginger was on our tentative list for later this month and I thought for sure this was going to say closing before we get there. Luckily we should be good.

Side note to Amy (and others that do as well)- thanks for always posting the closing/reopening dates when you hear. It is really helpful when trying to plan out where to go (at least for me:blush-smile:) . I know a lot of places close this time of the year and we are never sure who is open and who is closed. I always try to go back and check prior years closing dates, but lately (Irma/pandemic/etc) it has been different every year for some places.

I got a little nervous when I clicked on the thread. Black Ginger was on our tentative list for later this month and I thought for sure this was going to say closing before we get there. Luckily we should be good.

Side note to Amy (and others that do as well)- thanks for always posting the closing/reopening dates when you hear. It is really helpful when trying to plan out where to go (at least for me:blush-smile:) . I know a lot of places close this time of the year and we are never sure who is open and who is closed. I always try to go back and check prior years closing dates, but lately (Irma/pandemic/etc) it has been different every year for some places.

So glad, Jim, to read that you’re returning! After quite a long stay on this visit, I’ll unfortunately probably miss meeting-up with you . . . departing next week ‘til mid-August. The island, meanwhile, is “buzzing!” So many visitors . . . about 50 / 50, I’d say, between Americans & French. Some of your favorite places will be closed . . . but there’s no shortage of fine ambiance & dining. Enjoy!

So glad, Jim, to read that you’re returning! After quite a long stay on this visit, I’ll unfortunately probably miss meeting-up with you . . . departing next week ‘til mid-August. The island, meanwhile, is “buzzing!” So many visitors . . . about 50 / 50, I’d say, between Americans & French. Some of your favorite places will be closed . . . but there’s no shortage of fine ambiance & dining. Enjoy!
There's always November!!! :party: