Barts last days

andynap

Senior Insider
3E190D46-8D9C-4927-B5D6-E948496BA0A5.jpeg
E124BA4F-B084-4A10-9229-8E7E6A96867B.jpeg

It’s on Rue General de Gaulle, the street that starts at Le Select and ends at the empty lot next to Quarter Kitchen and Cocktail Lab (ex-25 Quarter). It’s on the left, just before Galawa (ex-Pipiri Palace) on the right.

It’s on Rue General de Gaulle, the street that starts at Le Select and ands at the empty lot next to Quarter Kitchen and Cocktail Lab (ex-25 Quarter). It’s on the left, just before Galawa (ex-Pipiri Palace) on the right.

Kevin . . . I love your precision in description! In another life, you might have been a lawyer!

Kevin . . . I love your precision in description! In another life, you might have been a lawyer!
Huh uh- but a lawyer who knows how to post pictures here- :biglaugh:
I am all for landmarks. Across from Galawa (the old Pipiri Palace) is good. I’m sure I knew the names of some streets which I promptly forgot as soon as I left the island.
BTW- that space has hosted several restaurants. It’s just too out of the way and almost invisible.

Nothing good is too out of the way. People flocked to Vincent Adam, Castelets, Marigot Bay Club and Le Gaiac when these gourmet spots were in their prime.

Nothing good is too out of the way. People flocked to Vincent Adam, Castelets, Marigot Bay Club and Le Gaiac when these gourmet spots were in their prime.

And where are they now? I rest my case.
A couple of tables on the sidewalk occasionally never got my attention.

You notice the macarons up front here more than the restaurant. We only went once...they were taking credit cards from French customers, but not American ones. The smoking in there was over the top. Did not feel like they wanted our business at all.

Sorry to see anyone go out of business realizing how hard it is to run a business. I do remember that it was somewhat uninviting to enter and rarely had a crowd. Good luck to the owners on their next venture.

What is considered out of the way on an 8-square mike Island. Is Maya’s Restaurant considered out of the way? Down a not heavily traveled road

Location location location. Chefs change. Ownership changes. Restaurants become villas and/or hotels. Life goes on. But when they were good, and they were very very good, people got to them. Is that what you meant to say? It is what I am trying to say.

It’s on Rue General de Gaulle, the street that starts at Le Select and ands at the empty lot next to Quarter Kitchen and Cocktail Lab (ex-25 Quarter). It’s on the left, just before Galawa (ex-Pipiri Palace) on the right.
Thanks Kevin. Oftentimes when people give a description of where a place is I'm still clueless, but you always provide enough specifics and detail that even I can picture it :up: