• This is an archive of older St Barts forum topics and posts.
    Information in this sub-forum may be out of date.

If you are researching schedules or time sensitive materials, go to the main forum and ask other members for confirmation.

Spice of St Barth - New Creole Restaurant in Merlette

Creole Restaurant

Ok. Merlette is on the left, just before Flamands. Are you going to give us any details?

Screen Shot 2012-12-23 at 3.56.06 PM.jpg

Hmm. My attachement is not appearing for me now. Instead I get a link saying Attachment 13929. Yet, if I edit the post, I can see the attachment.

I can't see it when I edit it, just a ? Says it is a bad link. Was it a URL or an uploaded image?

Ok. Merlette is on the left, just before Flamands. Are you going to give us any details?

I think Merlette is on the right as you go down the hill into Flamands... in theory the neighborhood on the left is called Terre Neuve... haven't noticed the new restaurant yet but am going that way tomorrow....

The real thing.

We tried this sweet little place tonight. The owner/chef had gone to SXM with her husband today for surgery for the husband, leaving the restaurant in the hands of two able chefs and the owner's delightful young son.

Parking is tricky. There are six spots off road, and on road parking for others.

There doesn't seem to be a menu although the one Kevin had posted was hanging on the wall in the back.

We had spicy, lip burning, delicious chicken wings for an appetizer. Hubby had tasty ribs and rice for dinner. I had a burger and side salad.

With water and one Carib, the bill was a total of 33.50 euros.

With water and one Carib, the bill was a total of 33.50 euros.

If Mme Cassidain's and my dinners had been accompanied by water and one beer for the last three decades we could afford to winter in Saint-Barth these days. :)
Good report. Sounds like a new place to check out.

If Mme Cassidain's and my dinners had been accompanied by water and one beer for the last three decades we could afford to winter in Saint-Barth these days. :)
Good report. Sounds like a new place to check out.

Monsieur Cassidain, my hubby and I both subscribe to your Havianas mantra. :up:

Here's a bit more of the "flavor" of the restaurant. Some will find it tasty while others may not.

After we sat down, the son asked if we would like an appetizer. Sure.
Croquettes? Sure.
A few minutes later - or you can have spicy chicken wings, if you like. Sure.

Later, in response to "is there a menu for us to look at," the son proceeded to list the options until he found something we liked, and then offered a few more items.