Mosquito repellants

good sleuthing... I have found that citronella oil works best but smells so strongly people tend to back away.. it's natural tho and I don't like to use DEET products...

good sleuthing... I have found that citronella oil works best but smells so strongly people tend to back away.. it's natural tho and I don't like to use DEET products...

actually in the mornings, I use regular hand soap,,,I use a lot of water so its really soapy and rub on my arms and legs, I don't dry off the soap. the mosquitos won't come near me when I am having breakfast at maya's to go. I think the soap keeps the mosquito's from smelling sweat. I just know but its natural and it works for me. however dda does not do this a they are swarming around him.

We have tried everything all over the world- Africa- Australia- Way Up North-, Deet for us is the only reliable repellent- we don’t like it but it works.

I have had good results using "Net effect," a roll on, which is the USA version of Mosquito Milk. Last couple of visits to St Barth, MM was unavailable.

I have had good results using "Net effect," a roll on, which is the USA version of Mosquito Milk. Last couple of visits to St Barth, MM was unavailable.

After getting it first in SBH, we have been ordering it for years from these people: I give it as “gifts” to my friends who travel. We call it “ Eau de Saint-Barth”! The Forum has many past posts on it and I am still grateful to all of you:). I love it and it works well for me, even with sensitive skin. https://neteffectrollon.com/ Bonne chance!

After getting it first in SBH, we have been ordering it for years from these people: I give it as “gifts” to my friends who travel. We call it “ Eau de Saint-Barth”! The Forum has many past posts on it and I am still grateful to all of you:). I love it and it works well for me, even with sensitive skin. https://neteffectrollon.com/ Bonne chance!

Yes! I find it highly effective, and very neat to apply. I use it all summer at home, and have The Forum to thank for it.

This product lists DEET, Moustidose leite ~Mosquito milk does not contain deet, but uses picaridin in its place.

This product lists DEET, Moustidose leite ~Mosquito milk does not contain deet, but uses picaridin in its place.
Unless they changed the formula, MM has Deet.

527161AE-6446-4B4F-88D0-8787671F8148.jpeg
9A914AF1-C40C-4670-A587-E813628D0D01.jpeg

you can buy in most pharmacies on st barts the Moustidose range. they do multiple different strengths. I prefer the max strength (25% picaridin), which is equivalent to 50% deet but smells a lot better!

your best bet is to buy a strong deet or picaridin one from your pharmacy locally before arrival.

in the electrical shops you can buy mosquito traps (eg: Biogents). you can place these around your property (not near where you will be) and they attract and capture lots of mosquitoes. leave them on all day and night.