Villa Les Acajous and Villa Suite Acajous Upgrades!

GramChop

Senior Insider
I got word from the owner of Villa Les Acajous and Villa Suite Acajous, Marie-Claude Ledee, that all three of the Villa Acajous bathrooms have been renovated to include Italian showers and that the living room (with the killer view over St Jean) is now air conditioned! She also says that the pool of Villa Suite Acajous is now HEATED! Several of her clients who have experienced the upgrades are leaving her rave reviews.

I know Marie-Claude has many friends and clients on this forum who will find this intel useful. If you've not yet stayed at either property, you're missing out!

Congratulations on the upgrades, Marie-Claude!

We love Marie-Claude. Anita and I stayed at Suite Acajous a few weeks after Irma. She is a sweet person and let us use her Red MINI Convertible. We had a wonderful time, the Heated pool is a welcomed addition. Thank you Missy for the updates. Villa Acajous received a new deck when we were there in October 2018. A/C in the living room will be SWEET!

We love Marie-Claude. Anita and I stayed at Suite Acajous a few weeks after Irma. She is a sweet person and let us use her Red MINI Convertible. We had a wonderful time, the Heated pool is a welcomed addition. Thank you Missy for the updates. Villa Acajous received a new deck when we were there in October 2018. A/C in the living room will be SWEET!

I do, too! I met her in 2002 when she was our taxi driver for a 'round the island' tour (on a sailing cruise day trip). I met her again and got to know her when I visited Phil and Amy during their stay at Acajous some years later. I've only stayed at Acajous once in 2017 with 3 gal pals and we made some amazing memories there! Suite Acajous was just recently finished and I recall thinking that I would LOVE to stay there one day. I, personally, never had issue with the non-air conditioned living room as the brisk cross breeze with all doors open was divine!

Thank you for the explanation. Does this create at all a risk of slipping on the bathroom floor?

You decide.

Salle-de-bain-3-min-1030x773.jpeg

That looks awesome. Thanks for posting. The 3 BR looks to be all on one level, correct? I may someday be on the lookout for a 3BR that could accommodate a not so very mobile older person (otherwise known as my Father). Would require a nice deck for him to sit out on for when everyone else goes to the beach and A/C in living space would be a bonus as well. This seems to check all of the boxes.

Jim A yes all is on one level. Stayed there last year and it was amazing. Will be there in May it totally checks all the boxes. See you on the beach

Marie Claude is an especially lovely lady . . . we bought Villa CEC from her, & in all the intervening years, she continues to be helpful when some new issue (such as with the cistern) comes up.

That looks awesome. Thanks for posting. The 3 BR looks to be all on one level, correct? I may someday be on the lookout for a 3BR that could accommodate a not so very mobile older person (otherwise known as my Father). Would require a nice deck for him to sit out on for when everyone else goes to the beach and A/C in living space would be a bonus as well. This seems to check all of the boxes.

Cwater is right, Jim....and the deck and the amazing view it affords is AMAZING! In my opinion, you can't go wrong with Villa Acajous. I hope you (and your father) get to experience it soon.

I do. More often since Phyllis and Rosemond come to the forefront of my mind. This is not an easy island to travel to or to navigate for folks with disabilities. Good that people are becoming more aware and considerate,

I do. More often since Phyllis and Rosemond come to the forefront of my mind. This is not an easy island to travel to or to navigate for folks with disabilities. Good that people are becoming more aware and considerate,

:up: