Paul McCartney, John Legend, Jon Bon Jovi & Kenny Chesney Ring in the New Year in St.

JEK

Senior Insider
Paul McCartney, John Legend, Jon Bon Jovi & Kenny Chesney Ring in the New Year in St.

Paul McCartney, John Legend, Jon Bon Jovi & Kenny Chesney Ring in the New Year in St. Barts

1/6/2017 by Selma Fonseca
paul-mccartney-st-barts-2016-billboard-1548.jpg
Startraks
Sir Paul McCartney on the beach in St. Barts on Dec. 27, 2016.

Paul McCartney was the star -- and the Energizer Bunny -- of the annual bacchanal that takes place on St. Barts between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
After performing “Helter Skelter” with Brandon Flowers and The Killers at billionaire Roman Abramovich’s New Year’s Eve party, McCartney, 74, shook his hips on the dancefloor to the sounds of DJ Jus-Ske “better than a 20-year-old,” according to one eyewitness, with wife Nancy Shevell and daughter, designer Stella McCartney. The ex-Beatle was almost upstaged by actor Jake Gyllenhaal, who cut some super-suave moves nearby with longtime friend Greta Caruso.
Also at the soiree: Jon Bon Jovi, Madonna manager Guy Oseary, Jimmy Buffett, Chris Rock and Brittany Howard and her band, Alabama Shakes, who opened for The Killers.
[readmore: 7640621]
Elsewhere on the island, John Legend rang in 2017 with a set at Nikki Beach, and Kenny Chesney sunbathed at the Eden Rock hotel on Dec. 30 with a brunette companion who bore a striking resemblance to former Amazing Race contestant Jamie Hill (with whom he has been linked). At one point, Chesney broke out his camera and snapped photos of his beachmate as she playfully posed in the surf.
And on Dec. 28, hip-hop impresario Russell Simmons hosted his annual party at the Eden Rock, where he danced with Kim Porter and her twin daughters by Sean “Diddy” Combs, Jessie James and D'Lila Star Combs. (Their father left the island that day to fly to Las Vegas, where he hosted a party with DJ Khaled at Tao.)
Although Madonna was reportedly in Switzerland for the holidays, St. Barts' social scene was rife with rumors that she would perform at Abramovitch's party and at the grand opening of the Dolce & Gabbana boutique at the Eden Rock. Instead, the entertainment at the fashion emporium consisted of five women dressed in leopard-print bathing suits dancing to the handiwork of DJ Graziano Della Nebbia, who did play the Material Girl's "Vogue" at one point.

Re: Paul McCartney, John Legend, Jon Bon Jovi & Kenny Chesney Ring in the New Year in

Was anyone as surprised as I was to see that JB and Sir Paul attended the NYE party hosted by Roman?

Re: Paul McCartney, John Legend, Jon Bon Jovi & Kenny Chesney Ring in the New Year in

Was anyone as surprised as I was to see that JB and Sir Paul attended the NYE party hosted by Roman?
Is there a backstory that would add detail to your question?

A scandal that Roman would be seen in the company of those two? :cool:

yes, I understand your surprise, is this a jimmy buffett "thang" he normally likes hanging with eddy and that crowd and avoids the glitterati crowd.

You Know I would have LOVED to see KC !!! He is dreamy! and sings pretty good too, LOL

Here is why I was surprised about some of the guys who went to Romans bash. Roman has been having this party for an number of years now with JB and Bon Jovi not going despite being here every holiday season for a long time. Paul, not so much. These guys all hang out together on Long Island more than a few times a year. I can't see this party being JB's scene unless he is opening up a Margaritiville restaurant in Russia. Maybe it was an all or none situation or they got paid big bucks for going.