What there is and isn't . . . feel free to add as you like . . . .spell check!

There is an e on the end of Repaire and it is Le -- Le Repaire.

Oh, and no e in Choisy.

In French, you don't need a period if the abbreviation ends with the letter of the actual word. St Barth
e.g. M. for Monsieur, Mme for Madame

Plus, the word saint when used, not to describe the canonized person him or herself, but the fête celebrating the saint or any church, town, street, square, etc name memorializing the saint requires a hyphen between saint and the saint's name. Also, when referring to the saint him or herself, saint is not capitalized, whereas it is in all other cases. Finally, when referring to the saint him or herself the word saint must be spelled out. In all other cases it is strongly preferred that saint be spelled out but may be abbreviated. Gender and number agreement applies.

So, the island is, de préférence, Saint-Barthélemy. St-Barth or Saint-Barth otherwise. The saint himself is saint Barthélemy. The festival day is la Saint-Barthélemy.

Lovely explanation, Cass. Personally, I love the hypen. Makes me feel more "connected":). St-Barth it is! Now I know the answer to my skate park question. Merci!

10250275_10152132757573681_2063182743_n.png

Yes I agree but It seems no one is reading the sticky anyway. Note the Columbier in a trip report recently.