Vaccinated and arriving

goldold25

SBH Insider
I’ve had the three Moderna shots and my partner has had two. We’re arriving in seven weeks. We’re staying in a villa as usual and look forward to the time together and being alone. It may be a bit different than our 14 previous visits but it’s that important to us. We’ll be there despite the hoops. Life is precious and short.

Excellent. The challenges of the world should never stop us from living life to the fullest. I look forward to your sharing your experiences 7 weeks from now. Enjoy and see you on the beach in the future.
I’ve had the three Moderna shots and my partner has had two. We’re arriving in seven weeks. We’re staying in a villa as usual and look forward to the time together and being alone. It may be a bit different than our 14 previous visits but it’s that important to us. We’ll be there despite the hoops. Life is precious and short.

Good for you. I've also decided to get back to travel and the rest of a normal life as much as possible in 2022. We're scheduled for SBH in February. Can't wait.

It is no different except for the 5 minutes more of showing a card and getting tested before you come back

We are also planning to be in SBH in 7 weeks time. Man, it feels good typing those words....

Will continue to be as cautious and careful as possible, but agree we need to adjust to the new "normal" and get back to travelling.

We'll be there in 8 weeks - fingers crossed!
Recommendations for purchasing a turkey on the island? It will be our first Thanksgiving in paradise.

I would preorder with Chef's Market in Public.

Screen Shot 2021-09-30 at 10.10.32 AM.jpg

Recommendations for purchasing a turkey on the island? It will be our first Thanksgiving in paradise.

We've spent several Thanksgivings in paradise and would often do Maya's for dinner. Alas, no more.
If we didn't do Maya's we just cooked a bird when we got home. :cool:

We'll be there in 8 weeks - fingers crossed!

If the new incarnation of “Maya’s to Go” is open, which seems likely, you probably can get a prepared turkey, with trimmings, there. Kiki e Mo might do the same thing. I got “the works” to-go from a local restaurant several years ago for Thanksgiving . . . it was very nice to be able to spend time with guests instead of cooking.

we always have lobster for thanksgiving, so grilled langouste an easy island substitute. and turkey defies happy wine pairing. always content with a nice white burgundy with grilled langouste :nerd:

we always have lobster for thanksgiving, so grilled langouste an easy island substitute. and turkey defies happy wine pairing. always content with a nice white burgundy with grilled langouste :nerd:

Sounds like a delicious tradition!

If the new incarnation of “Maya’s to Go” is open, which seems likely, you probably can get a prepared turkey, with trimmings, there. Kiki e Mo might do the same thing. I got “the works” to-go from a local restaurant several years ago for Thanksgiving . . . it was very nice to be able to spend time with guests instead of cooking.
Not to Hijack the thread, but HOLD THE PHONE...there is a new incarnation of Maya's to Go coming!!! I must have missed this. That is music to my ears

We arrive in 37 days...can't wait...rhum festival one week, gourmet festival the next. Oh, and the beaches...

Thank you JEK - will reach out to Chef's Market.

cec, you're so right. I can't imagine not cooking our Thanksgiving meal but I'd be plenty thankful if we allow someone else do it this year!

Thank you JEK - will reach out to Chef's Market.

cec, you're so right. I can't imagine not cooking our Thanksgiving meal but I'd be plenty thankful if we allow someone else do it this year!

You may remember the owner/operator - Franck Mathevet of Wall House & Le Carré fame. During the holidays he imports all types of special foods and treats.

Not to Hijack the thread, but HOLD THE PHONE...there is a new incarnation of Maya's to Go coming!!! I must have missed this. That is music to my ears

YES, Jim! The lease / improvements were bought in a deal that closed early September, & it will be operated by Eden Rock . . . dual purpose: (a) continuing as a great “to go” option & (b) as a kitchen to serve expanding needs of clients of “Eden Rock Villas.” Everyone’s happy!

YES, Jim! The lease / improvements were bought in a deal that closed early September, & it will be operated by Eden Rock . . . dual purpose: (a) continuing as a great “to go” option & (b) as a kitchen to serve expanding needs of clients of “Eden Rock Villas.” Everyone’s happy!

Terrific. I had not realized that the public will still be able to take advantage of 'to go' dining.

Definitely "to go" dining, as the plan was explained to me, Amy. Quite an expanded offering for drop-in customers -- a full breakfast menu, for example.

You may remember the owner/operator - Franck Mathevet of Wall House & Le Carré fame. During the holidays he imports all types of special foods and treats.

at Maya’s spot? I suspected by the rumor mill…