Latest restrictions for SXM and SBH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same question we have elgreaux- would not be welcomed in SBH or Saint Martin. We have found if an airline transports somebody to a locale where they are not permitted to enter because of paperwork that doesn’t comply, it is the airline’s responsibility to return that party back to the departure city. Don’t know the covid policies at this point for Sint Maarten but maybe the party could vacation on the Dutch side? Any villa deposits etc. for SBH would most likely be forfeited.

Didier--

"Happycamper, you are wrong on several topics here." ---It would not be the first time I was wrong, but in this context of answering ehardkte's specific questions, that had been circled around but not actually answered in the 10 previous responses, I think it was pretty good.

"yes if you are not vaxxed, you need a health pass to enter establishments in france but if you are not vaxxed then a neg. pcr test will be accepted for entrance." Sure, but for most tourists, running out for new PCR tests every 2-3 days is not the kind of vacation they are looking for so I had dismissed it as not a plausible scenario. But you have added a good clarification.

"non vaxxed are welcome in st. barths with a neg test result, plus a compelling reason, plus 7 day quarantine for now..." You call that welcomed, I call that not welcomed. We have no disagreement on the requirements.

"I don't know what you mean that France has decided not to take the risk for travelers to st. barths???? you need to read the entry requirements. this is a travel forum for people wanting to travel here, that includes vaxxed and non vaxxed. the forum welcomes all." What I mean is that France made some rules that allow vaccinated tourists easy entry into St Barth and blocked unvaccinated tourists. I've read the entry requirements and I understand that this is a forum for people wanting to travel here. That's why I was actually answering the traveler's questions about the rules and letting her know they were EASIER than she thought, if vaccinated. Now I am answering your question and telling you that an unvaccinated tourist is excluded from entry because they don't have a compelling reason. The forum welcomes all, which is as it should be, but St Barth does not, which also is as it should be.

"dutch sxm does not have the same rules as french st. martin. you can enter dutch sxm without a compelling reason or a quarantine for vaxxed or non vaxxed. you will have to fill out an ehas form for entry." That's exactly what I said, so we agree on this point as well. (Actually I think we agree on ALL points except whether the restrictions that France has put on unvaxed people amounts to a discouragement of unvaxed travelers. I think it does, you don't. Both valid opinions, but the only relevant opinion is in the eyes of the prospective traveler.) However, keep in mind that even SXM may change their rules.... From yesterday's Sint Maarten's Daily Herald "PHILIPSBURG--Public Health Minister Omar Ottley on Thursday warned that with the number of COVID-19 cases continuing to increase at a rapid pace, the next step will be to either “get vaccinated, do routine safety testing or go into lock down.”"

I have no problem with anyone who chooses not to vaccinate. I won't have a big sit-down meal with them, but that's a natural self-defense response, not one from a position of anger. So hopefully no one takes offense to any of these comments.

Didier--

I have no problem with anyone who chooses not to vaccinate. I won't have a big sit-down meal with them, but that's a natural self-defense response, not one from a position of anger. So hopefully no one takes offense to any of these comments.

Truly appreciate your input HC. But to state the obvious "We’re not safe until we’re all safe." and this pandemic will continue and this virus will continue to mutate and the inability to easily travel to SBH will continue as long as we have an unvaccinated population. A large majority of the unvaccinated are "much more likely to be food insecure, have children at home and earn little. About three-quarters of unvaccinated adults live in a household that makes less than $75,000 a year. They are nearly three times as likely as the vaccinated to have had insufficient food recently. Many of them have pressing concerns they can’t just put aside." We, as a society, need to address these inequalities if we ever hope to revive the debate of long pants or shorts on SBH. Seriously though -- we are back in the weeds with this virus and I hope we as privileged - travelers/island home owners/people who have time to talk about SBH for fun - stay true to science and the facts in an effort to move forward safely. And come out the other side of this together.

Truly appreciate your input HC. But to state the obvious "We’re not safe until we’re all safe." and this pandemic will continue and this virus will continue to mutate and the inability to easily travel to SBH will continue as long as we have an unvaccinated population. A large majority of the unvaccinated are "much more likely to be food insecure, have children at home and earn little. About three-quarters of unvaccinated adults live in a household that makes less than $75,000 a year. They are nearly three times as likely as the vaccinated to have had insufficient food recently. Many of them have pressing concerns they can’t just put aside." We, as a society, need to address these inequalities if we ever hope to revive the debate of long pants or shorts on SBH. Seriously though -- we are back in the weeds with this virus and I hope we as privileged - travelers/island home owners/people who have time to talk about SBH for fun - stay true to science and the facts in an effort to move forward safely. And come out the other side of this together.

actually the cdc disagrees with your income level for anti-vaxxers, and they don't seem to be food insecure, love this phrase by the way, on the floor laughing right now.

View attachment Anti-vaccine parents are often white, college-educated, ‘Whole Foods moms’.pdf

Diana, he or she left off “and have buck teef” :laughing-cry:

trust me , they will come back with " but they were just talking about mumps, measles etc. or but I meant unvaxxed adult, but of course they would be wrong"... I own real estate here on the island, I don't consider myself better than anyone else.

by the way, I do not consider myself privileged either as a traveler or as a st. barths real estate owner. who says things like that? I have friends who are worth billions, and they don't speak this way. the only people I have ever met that seem to think they are better than others financially or otherwise are the people who may have 50,000 in the bank. People with real money have no need or desire for this nonsense.

actually the cdc disagrees with your income level for anti-vaxxers, and they don't seem to be food insecure, love this phrase by the way, on the floor laughing right now.

View attachment 58611

You love the phrase "food insecure" and are "on the floor laughing"?? Wow. This is a serious reality of this pandemic. Your complete lack of empathy is breathtaking. And the article you link to predates covid so not exactly on point.

You love the phrase "food insecure" and are "on the floor laughing"?? Wow. This is a serious reality of this pandemic. Your complete lack of empathy is breathtaking. And the article you link to predates covid so not exactly on point.

actually the article came out today august 6,2021. it has a date on it, put your glasses on.

I am on the floor laughing at your pompous way of speaking about poor people, I never would laugh at people who needed food. nor would I consider them less intelligent because they happen to make less money.

Your article is dated April 10, 2019.

There are a lot of people in the US and the world that do not have easy access (or any access) to the vaccine. That was my point. If we want things to get better that needs to change or the virus will continue to mutate and spread. And if it does then conversations about restrictions to entry to SBH will be the hot topic on this forum for a long time. I, personally, would like a world where that is not the case.

To the best of my knowledge, the various governmental entities in the US are begging any and all to come and take the jab. At no cost, I believe.
Not aware of anyone denied it. Certainly not in my county.

actually the article came out today august 6,2021. it has a date on it, put your glasses on.

Clearly a pre-pandemic article dealing with childhood vaccinations. The PDF date is today. Let's play nice.

Screen Shot 2021-08-06 at 5.33.46 PM.jpg

Your article is dated April 10, 2019.

There are a lot of people in the US and the world that do not have easy access (or any access) to the vaccine. That was my point. If we want things to get better that needs to change or the virus will continue to mutate and spread. And if it does then conversations about restrictions to entry to SBH will be the hot topic on this forum for a long time. I, personally, would like a world where that is not the case.

true, that is the original date of the article, but it was also updated today.

by the way Biden offered 100 dollars to anyone to get vaxxed just recently, I think he did get some takers. so not only is the vaccine free, but there was an incentive. I don't think there is anyone in the usa that cannot get access to the vaccine.

There is a clear link between COVID-19 vaccination rates and level of educational level. The higher the level of education, the higher the rate of vaccination. I participated in an industry roundtable on this and the data were compelling. I learned that early on the the largest factor for low vaccination rates was race. This was successfully addressed through educational campaigns to clear up the mis-information campaigns.

If you look at the states with the highest educational levels in the US (for example, Massachusetts, Vermont, New Hampshire, Connecticut, Colorado), you'll see that these states are the most highly vaccinated for COVID-19.

Status
Not open for further replies.