Vincent Adam

dudleydog

SBH Insider
This is the restaurant I miss most. Found these cleaning out.

F125DF5A-58B0-425E-91FA-7F4B17A93122.jpeg

71E57ACB-C413-4AF4-94E9-E90C21C13BE6.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    210.9 KB · Views: 430
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    357.1 KB · Views: 438
Last edited by a moderator:
Boy that goes back a ways, always was a favorite of ours, they catered my wedding at the St Barth Beach Hotel/Le Rivage (long story) and we had my father's 70th and 75th birthday dinners there...

Best Creme Brûlée we ever had!

funny you say that. my mother thought so as well, and asked Gilles for the recipe, bought the little square dishes and a "brûleur" and made it once, realized how many calories were in it and never made it again... not to say she didn't order it again while in SBH !

Does anyone remember when it was called "Adam Vincent!" In terms of "best," I would vote for the Grand Mariner soufflé. Of course, the host extraordinaire was our long time friend . . . later of Andy's Hideaway and today at Les Bananiers -- Thierry Brethome.

There was a time, back in the day, when at a visit to Vincent Adam, we talked about a recipe.

All of the ingredients, excerpt for one, were provided. “It’s Cerfeuil, it sounds almost the same in English, but I don’t know the word.”

My French isn’t great, but it was much poorer back then. I didn’t know the word either. I, with the blessings of the owners, searched dictionaries in two bookstores. I found nothing.

Eventually, a few years later, I solved the mystery. Cerfeuil in French is Chervil in English. Yeah, kinda sounds the same.

Now if I could just find the recipe which was given to me…

Of course, the host extraordinaire was our long time friend . . . later of Andy's Hideaway and today at Les Bananiers -- Thierry Brethome.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Yesterday I asked Phil and who was the guy there who is still on island today? You are right, Thierry. I have to tell you that PHIL widely grinned and said there was a stunning waitress too, but he did not remember her name.

Also a friendly cat that loved snapper gleanings.

Does anyone remember when it was called "Adam Vincent!" In terms of "best," I would vote for the Grand Mariner soufflé. Of course, the host extraordinaire was our long time friend . . . later of Andy's Hideaway and today at Les Bananiers -- Thierry Brethome.

Vincent Adam was the original owner's name, but by the time I came along it was run by Gilles Malfroid, who also tried a restaurant in 2000 in the 50s in NYC called Sobarth, it only lasted a season or so.. which is often the case for island transplants, I think he want back to France after that...

We loved Vincent Adam sitting outside & seeing the lights, after the little climb up that hill. Was her name Valentina ? What year/s would we have gone there on each visit...199? Someone must know !

Many years ago...I had a nice conversation with a young man sitting next to me on a flight from St Martin to St Bart's. The conversation turned to food/restaurants on STB's....and it turns out that he was one of the proprietors of Vincent Adam (I do not remember his name) ..he suggested that we visit the restaurant....we did....we were treated very nicely (maybe we were treated a little "special"), food was wonderful and needless to say it became a favorite of ours.... thanks for bringing back memories!!!

Many years ago...I had a nice conversation with a young man sitting next to me on a flight from St Martin to St Bart's. The conversation turned to food/restaurants on STB's....and it turns out that he was one of the proprietors of Vincent Adam (I do not remember his name) ..he suggested that we visit the restaurant....we did....we were treated very nicely (maybe we were treated a little "special"), food was wonderful and needless to say it became a favorite of ours.... thanks for bringing back memories!!!

Wonderful story . . . St. Barths great memories are often made in such serendipitous meetings!

funny you say that. my mother thought so as well, and asked Gilles for the recipe, bought the little square dishes and a "brûleur" and made it once, realized how many calories were in it and never made it again... not to say she didn't order it again while in SBH !

Gilles gave me the recipe as well (and I still have it) and his comment was "yours won't taste like this because you can't get French cream". Of course it didn't taste the same and I always wondered what made French cream better! He even took me into the kitchen (a small closet!) to see how they "scorched" the top of the creme brûlée.

I also asked him one year why no restaurants served sweetbreads - he told me to come back on a certain day and he
would have some - we did and he did and they were fabulous!

Wonderful memories.

Gilles gave me the recipe as well (and I still have it) and his comment was "yours won't taste like this because you can't get French cream". Of course it didn't taste the same and I always wondered what made French cream better! He even took me into the kitchen (a small closet!) to see how they "scorched" the top of the creme brûlée.

I also asked him one year why no restaurants served sweetbreads - he told me to come back on a certain day and he
would have some - we did and he did and they were fabulous!

Wonderful memories.

. . . such a special part of SBH relationships! Caring, special, thoughtful relationships between clients & restaurant hosts.