Non-island discussion posts regarding COVID

Re: Encourgaing news on vaccinations

05-05-2021, 11:45 AM

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Jim A

05-05-2021, 12:21 PM

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Jim A
Again, snarky and unpleasant. You are all so ready to find conflict in every post that you see nothing else. There is no veiled accusation in my comment. There were a lot of comments on here (and many by you) about how so many residents didn't want to get vaccinated. Heck it's been a topic for a month. I for one am ecstatic and surprised that the number vaccinated is that high and assumed everyone would be. Even people who aren't vaccinated should be thrilled if it helps the island open.

Originally posted by didier:
"

what I said was that most Locals do not want to be vaccinated. and that is still true. we have a large portuguese population and a lot of ex pats on the island. The island will open soon regardless of the final vaccination count.

Hopefully you will be able to visit. I hope you have a great day."​

:confused:

Missy , is that a question emoji? or a confused emoji? if you are wondering about the word Locals...it just means someone who was born and raised here.

Again, snarky and unpleasant. You are all so ready to find conflict in every post that you see nothing else. There is no veiled accusation in my comment. There were a lot of comments on here (and many by you) about how so many residents didn't want to get vaccinated. Heck it's been a topic for a month. I for one am ecstatic and surprised that the number vaccinated is that high and assumed everyone would be. Even people who aren't vaccinated should be thrilled if it helps the island open.

I agree with you Jim. I stopped posting on here a while ago because some people are just nasty. But it must be said. Tired of biting my tongue. Didier and Cassidain are differently aligned with my dogma.

I wonder if I'm the only one who almost never posts here because so often the responses are snarky and unpleasant, and I have no interest in having a well-intentioned query or comment met with rudeness. It seems so unnecessary to me. I'm new to the group, but I have to believe that somewhere, a long, long time ago, this was a fun place to hang out, meet like-minded people and exchange good information re: our favorite spot in the world. What happened?

I agree with you Jim. I stopped posting on here a while ago because some people are just nasty. But it must be said. Tired of biting my tongue. Didier and Cassidain deleted

perhaps any reply with the word deleted in it should be sent to ee?

I wonder if I'm the only one who almost never posts here because so often the responses are snarky and unpleasant, and I have no interest in having a well-intentioned query or comment met with rudeness. It seems so unnecessary to me. I'm new to the group, but I have to believe that somewhere, a long, long time ago, this was a fun place to hang out, meet like-minded people and exchange good information re: our favorite spot in the world. What happened?

I have been on here since 2004 before wimco took over, it was with Kara Brooks before Wimco.

as with any email, I think people read into it what they wish if they don't like the poster, even if the reply was NEVER meant to be snarky.

its like vaxx shunning in the states. if you are vaccinated you don't want to hear from persons who are not getting vaccinated. it could cloud your viewing of any response.

that being said, calling others horrible names is a step back in any conversation. it seems that is being allowed, because so far, the response has not been removed

I agree with you Jim. I stopped posting on here a while ago because some people are just nasty. But it must be said. Tired of biting my tongue. Didier and Cassidain are deleted.

I agree, as well. The “loud”, consistent negativity and nastiness of a small handful of posters (those previously mentioned top the list) is not doing anything but bringing the spirit of this forum down to a class-less place.

Thank you for speaking up, Nabbed2021 and Jim A. :peace-sign1:

I agree, as well. The “loud”, consistent negativity and nastiness of a small handful of posters (those previously mentioned top the list) is not doing anything but bringing the spirit of this forum down to a class-less place.

Missy, I had always thought that you were at the top of the list, but now I am sure of it. Be Better!

I have been on here since 2004 before wimco took over, it was with Kara Brooks before Wimco.

as with any email, I think people read into it what they wish if they don't like the poster, even if the reply was NEVER meant to be snarky.

its like vaxx shunning in the states. if you are vaccinated you don't want to hear from persons who are not getting vaccinated. it could cloud your viewing of any response.

that being said, calling others horrible names is a step back in any conversation. it seems that is being allowed, because so far, the response has not been removed

Just saw this Diana. I edited it. I still work and JEK must be taking his nappy.

mods, is it possible to delete this conversation? if not can you delete the conversation that still has my name and the cass name in the other responses. I know the names are still there with the word deleted. feel free to leave the word deleted...lol.

Re: Any news on re-opening

Meanwhile Covid just ended in the United States. March 11, 2020 - May 13, 2021. RIP to this nightmare time in history....

Meanwhile Covid just ended in the United States. March 11, 2020 - May 13, 2021. RIP to this nightmare time in history....

Praise l'ill baby Jesus! I'm probably going to have to wear a mask on the plane (and possibly still in SBH when we get there next week) but I am so done wearing a mask around Houston.....

I'm not sure where the appropriate place to put this is so I'll put it here (because it was going to end up here any way:laughing-cry:). No idea how/when/where this will be implemented unless they are going to start checking vaccine cards:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/05/13/health/cdc-mask-guidance-vaccinated/index.html

You picked the right spot! The enforcement is personal recognizance, but people who have been vaccinated will do so with a clear conscience and a feeling of superiority!

With all we did, it still only cut 3 months off the pandemic of 1919. And they had no vaccine.

With all we did, it still only cut 3 months off the pandemic of 1919. And they had no vaccine.

and during the spanish flu which was equally terrible, there were no distancing rules, no mask requirements, etc. perhaps people were smarter in those days?