Importance; Food , weather, villa, beaches, and add something.

Re: Impotance; Food , weather, villa, beaches, and add something.

Villa, beaches, weather, food.

It all starts with finding a villa we like, or think we will like as we are villa promiscuous.

We love our routine, shared by many, I'm sure, of heading to a beach in the morning until around 12:30 - 1:00. Then off for a long lunch with a bottle of Rose'.

We tend to go in the November/December season so the weather is usually great. Christmas winds a few times but no biggie. I would not want to be there during an unusually rainy week as I do not suscribe to the oft mention statement that "a rainy day on St Barths beats a sunny day at home!" No it doesn't. YMMV.

The food is a huge attraction for us but if the food were less spectatular than it is (or can be), we'd still go there.

I'll add the scenic beauty of the island. No place like it and it makes being the driver a challenge!

Hawke..I think the word you were looking for is Importance...i m p o R t a n c e!

Hawke..I think the word you were looking for is Importance...i m p o R t a n c e!

Interesting...I, too, was trying to understand what "impotance" had to do with "food, weather, villa, beaches, etc." :cool:

:biglaugh:
Darn that auto-spellchecker! Too funny. Just pulling your leg, Hawke!

To answer your inquiry: it’s the ambiance of the island and the feeling we have while there that’s the most important thing to us. There’s no where else, for us, that this serene feeling can be found...period. That being said, a comfortable villa, the delightful dining options, and the amazing beaches are also part of the ‘It’ factor St. Barth holds for us. Also, we have been honored to meet some quite wonderful people along the way too. I could go on and on.

I read this differently on 1st reading of what Hawke proposed...add something to his stated list so I'm adding: wonder...the wonder of all of SBH offerings from the anticipation of going to the aircraft landing to (& not in any particular order)...shopping, variety of products fresh & frozen in the U including the wine selection. I could go on, somebody else follow me !

Sunsets and sunrises, the birds, store and restaurant owners and servers, shopping, ...

I thought he meant impotence
Thanks Andy; I apologized to you personally for some past insults. I guess with my spelling error, you couldn't help yourself to get one more snarky comment in. True colors show.

Thanks Andy; I apologized to you personally for some past insults. I guess with my spelling error, you couldn't help yourself to get one more snarky comment in. True colors show.

Wow. That wasn't an insult. Trying to be humorous. Nevermind. No more replies to you.

Wow. That wasn't an insult. Trying to be humorous. Nevermind. No more replies to you.
Sure Andy. What a punch line. I thought he meant impotence! Funniest line I ever heard, GramChop and GMP62 did have funny comments.

I fixed the thread title, for what it's worth.

Also, thanks, Hawke for the content you provide.

Typos and mistakes happen. I just thought that it was cute to point this one out for a smile.No harm intended. It was the old proofreader in me coming out.

Typos and mistakes happen. I just thought that it was cute to point this one out for a smile.No harm intended. It was the old proofreader in me coming out.
Amy; I had zero problem with your comment. It was pointing out a spelling mistake. Love and respect. Kent

With that I'm taking time off. Thanks for all the entertainment.

Dude, chill. Sure there are sticklers in here, but it's all in good fun. Just make sure you don't use the wrong accent when you spell rose' or Cassidian will be all over you!! (Yes, I'm aware I used the wrong accent, but I'm on a PC and don't know how to make the proper one appear! ;-)

Anyhow back to the thread, I'd say it's the vibe. Everything from how safe it is, to the fact that no one is trying to sell you junk or braid your hair on the beach, to the fact that everyone is so nice, kind, friendly and unpretentious (and beautiful)

With that I'm taking time off. Thanks for all the entertainment.

Dude, chill. Sure there are sticklers in here, but it's all in good fun. Just make sure you don't use the wrong accent when you spell rose' or Cassidian will be all over you!! (Yes, I'm aware I used the wrong accent, but I'm on a PC and don't know how to make the proper one appear! ;-)

Anyhow back to the thread, I'd say it's the vibe. Everything from how safe it is, to the fact that no one is trying to sell you junk or braid your hair on the beach, to the fact that everyone is so nice, kind, friendly and unpretentious (and beautiful)