2020 Jet Blue schedule JFK to SXM

debd

Senior Insider
Unfortunate scheduling, as of January 9 trips, IMHO.

In the past, Jet Blue JFK-SXM arrivals have ranged in the 12 to 2 pm vicinity.

2020 trips, arriving before January 9, now arrive around 3 pm. Trips arriving after January 9 now arrive, assuming no delays, at 4 PM.

That sure is bad timing for connecting to SBH and kicking off 2020.

Yes, too late for St. Barth Commuter, and taking chances with missing the last WinAir, and all of the implications for that, well, you know........

Wondering. Is a 2:03 SJU arrival too tight to make a Tradewinds 2:25 connection?
Yes . . . and Tradewind won't book it for you. (I've been through the discussion re: 12:50 SJU arrival to a 1:25 connection.)

Yes . . . and Tradewind won't book it for you. (I've been through the discussion re: 12:50 SJU arrival to a 1:25 connection.)

That’s “interesting.” Seems like a 35 minutes connection time, in SJU, would be sufficient to connect to a 6-8 passenger flight. I guess it could be problematic if they have to wait for checked luggage from a high capacity jet.

Good to know. Thanks, Dennis.

AA arrival times are similar from the east coast this fall. We booked a few months ago for November with a 2 pm’ish arrival time in SXM only to have the flight changed twice, connections and times, to end up with a 4:13 pm arrival. Having been stuck overnight in SXM before, we decided to get a credit for those flights and switch to Delta. Fingers crossed that they don’t change anything.

FYI...we booked on AA via Charlotte for a March 2020 trip....leaves Charlotte at 9:40 am and arrives SXM at 1:20 PM ...

FYI...we booked on AA via Charlotte for a March 2020 trip....leaves Charlotte at 9:40 am and arrives SXM at 1:20 PM ...
That’s similar to the flight we originally booked through CLT...they canceled it, switched us through PHL...canceled that, and now just the one flight through MIA on the days we are traveling in November. Hopefully your flights won’t be altered since that’s high season with more people on board, but keep an eye on them.

Also, we’re traveling on weekdays so that may have something to do with our changes.

AA arrival times are similar from the east coast this fall. We booked a few months ago for November with a 2 pm’ish arrival time in SXM only to have the flight changed twice, connections and times, to end up with a 4:13 pm arrival. Having been stuck overnight in SXM before, we decided to get a credit for those flights and switch to Delta. Fingers crossed that they don’t change anything.

Yes, the schedule changing, post-booking, has unfortunately become all too common, and then they are often not workable with pre-arranged connections. Will be interested to hear if others have run into the same schedule change problems with Delta. Hopefully, not.

we have "learned" that traveling weekdays results in a far better SXM experience vs weekend travel. Ref the potential changes....in 2018 we were re-routed thru Miami (terrible experience) and in 2019 we were lucky as we did not have any schedule changes so our flight x Charlotte was on time and arrived early into SXM. We will cross our fingers and toes and hope that the 2020 flight is as smooth as 2019. Also, I think that I may have stated this in one of my few postings....we have "learned" that getting into Charlotte on the previous evening (then catching the early flight the next day) gives us some "wiggle" room ref the potential for delayed flights/tight connections....plus it allows us to arrive in SB's well rested and ready for a good first evening experience vs being tired from a long travel day (typically awaken at 3:30 am to catch a 7am flight)

we have "learned" that traveling weekdays results in a far better SXM experience vs weekend travel. Ref the potential changes....in 2018 we were re-routed thru Miami (terrible experience) and in 2019 we were lucky as we did not have any schedule changes so our flight x Charlotte was on time and arrived early into SXM. We will cross our fingers and toes and hope that the 2020 flight is as smooth as 2019. Also, I think that I may have stated this in one of my few postings....we have "learned" that getting into Charlotte on the previous evening (then catching the early flight the next day) gives us some "wiggle" room ref the potential for delayed flights/tight connections....plus it allows us to arrive in SB's well rested and ready for a good first evening experience vs being tired from a long travel day (typically awaken at 3:30 am to catch a 7am flight)

We tend to be weekday travelers as well. American was always our first choice (first from Boston, then JFK after a move to CT), but one year our American flight was cancelled, at the airport, for a storm, but the JetBlue flight departed with us on board. Between that experience and the shift to non-stops only on Saturdays, we made the satisfactory switch to JetBlue several years ago. Last year was the first year with JetBlue that we ran into a connection glitch with a late schedule change. The year's scheduling is a whole new set of problems.

Good to know Delta is an option, and a reasonable one, as it looks now.

JetBlue plans to initiate Saturday-only non-stop service between BOS and SXM early next year, including their Mint class of service.

JetBlue plans to initiate Saturday-only non-stop service between BOS and SXM early next year, including their Mint class of service.

Wow. It's been many, many, many years since there was any non-stop BOS to SXM, no? And I don't think Mint Class is an option on the JFK/SXM route....at least last I checked, for the 2018/19 season.

Wow. It's been many, many, many years since there was any non-stop BOS to SXM, no? And I don't think Mint Class is an option on the JFK/SXM route....at least last I checked, for the 2018/19 season.

Back in the day I flew nonstop BOS-SXM on Eastern. JetBlue had plans in the works pre-Irma, but they obviously changed. Look at February and later the next time that JetBlue extends their ticketing window.

Back in the day I flew nonstop BOS-SXM on Eastern. JetBlue had plans in the works pre-Irma, but they obviously changed. Look at February and later the next time that JetBlue extends their ticketing window.

Eastern Airlines. The shuttle. The terminal. The uniforms. Had no idea they flew the BOS-SXM route. Wow.

Eastern Airlines. The shuttle. The terminal. The uniforms. Had no idea they flew the BOS-SXM route. Wow.

I also flew PanAm into SXM, but that was out of JFK.

Back in the day, you might be in the line for immigration at SXM, and see the heels of a Flight Attendant disappearing through the baggage conveyor door/hatch. And then again a bit later, coming the other way with an armful of Duty Free alcohol.

Travel planning for SBH 2020 is reminding me now of years gone by......many, many moons ago...when it seemed that one of the ways to manage SBH visitor traffic was to make travel back and forth quite the challenge.

Have tried many variations, even including Tradewinds. For the price paid, the Tradewinds connections seem substantially less than optimal.

Now SBC has changed their departure times. There was always the 3, and then the later one. Now it's 2:15 and 4. Again, sub optimal for ease of connections.

And I guess maybe it's been years since we had a late afternoon SXM departure, but the latest St Barth Commuter SBH departure showing is 1?

Anyone ever had a later, non-charter SBC Commuter SBH departure...later than 1300 hours?

I realize that it's a different time frame...we have a March 2020 trip booked....the scheduled SBC flight to SBH departs at 3:15 pm. FYI...there is a chance that SBC would add a flight for you (they added an earlier (morning) flight for our departure from SBH to SXM...no extra charges)...just ask them to see if they will accommodate your schedule

I realize that it's a different time frame...we have a March 2020 trip booked....the scheduled SBC flight to SBH departs at 3:15 pm. FYI...there is a chance that SBC would add a flight for you (they added an earlier (morning) flight for our departure from SBH to SXM...no extra charges)...just ask them to see if they will accommodate your schedule

Chiz, I recall now that you sent them a note, and in their typical customer focused fashion, SBC responded and accommodated. Will send a note and keep my fingers crossed.