It's finally over. Open up the floodgates...

I've traveled out of the country 4 or 5 times in the past 2 years.

Crowded flights, crowded airports, crowded hotels, crowded beaches.

But, yeah...

Would you like to see the official data on international travel being way down due to this rule ? It's a massive thing and a very good day.

Would you like to see the official data on international travel being way down due to this rule ? It's a massive thing and a very good day.
Look, I agree...this is a good day. I'm happy that restriction has been removed.

My point is that there are many, many, MANY folks who were not burdened by that rule and enjoyed international travel.

We were on the island for the month of February and I have never seen it busier. Friends of ours recently decided to visit St. Barth's in January or
February and tell us the villa selection is almost nonexistent. The floodgates have been open.

Look, I agree...this is a good day. I'm happy that restriction has been removed.

My point is that there are many, many, MANY folks who were not burdened by that rule and enjoyed international travel.
Totally agree. Is there anyone on this forum that did not travel to SB due to the requirement of testing to get back to the US?

Diehard traveler's will do anything. Those who read this board are diehard travelers. Also, SB is a small place and that last example one would use when discussing restrictions back to the USA having an impact. If you think places like Italy, France, UK, etc., won't see huge spikes in travel going forward, you are mistaken.

Is there anyone on this forum that did not travel to SB due to the requirement of testing to get back to the US?
There are a number of people who have not traveled to St Barth for reasons relating to testing and vaccine and masking requirements. Each requirement dropped reduces that number to some degree or another.
But, yes, there are some who won’t return until all requirements dropped.

The test at home and the test at the villa to return home each took less than 15 minutes. Hardly an impediment compared to all the other things one does to travel internationally.

The test at home and the test at the villa to return home each took less than 15 minutes. Hardly an impediment compared to all the other things one does to travel internationally.

Yes, testing positive with a runny nose and staying there for 5-7 days longer and another 15-20 grand is not a concern at all....

Yes, testing positive with a runny nose and staying there for 5-7 days longer and another 15-20 grand is not a concern at all....

So positive testing is the issue and not traveling with Covid and exposing other people? Interesting.

You are being exposed every second of your life. Same way it was when people were just transmitting good ole fashion colds to others. And i hate to break it to you, but nearly every person on the planet would jump on the plane if they thought they might have Covid (including you) as opposed to extending their trip another week or two, risk job loss and thousands of dollars. And your post prior to the last one is so off base, not a single person was hesitant to travel because of the testing process, it was 100% the potential of having to get stuck somewhere for a long period of time.