Restaurants you miss.

Sapotillier Chez Francine Le Flamboyant

I just came across this old pic while looking for something else!

sapotillier copy.jpg

My first visit included a dinner at Trois Force. I remember being one of a few tables dining that evening and Chef Hubert, upon learning my husband's family name, brought several books to our table with the coat of arms and other historical references. One of those precious SBH memories.

My first visit included a dinner at Trois Force. I remember being one of a few tables dining that evening and Chef Hubert, upon learning my husband's family name, brought several books to our table with the coat of arms and other historical references. One of those precious SBH memories.

Missing that place is a huge regret of mine. When I first went to the island, it seemed too weird to try. Now that I'm a little older and more adventurous, I crave weird!!

Chez Francine at St. Jean beach with the great waiter, Patou; fresh grilled dorade, frites, red cabbage slaw on wooden plates, our first accras, and pinas or planteurs, not to mention the ambiance and view…Also Chez Joe in town for breakfast and Joe Felix’s original circular bar at the airport for arrival planteurs, and the original La Saladerie when Eddy was the chef!

Vincent Adam.

Yes, Vincent Adam & Gille!, Les Castelets, La Marine w/mussels (remember the night a boater fell into the "drink" right in front of us trying to get in his dingy!), Marigot ... Au Port ... list goes on an on ... so fun to bring back the memories ... thanks. (and yes, I remember no phones & no "enclosed" cars ... just Makes & Gergels? ... and friends who got stuck in a downpour in a Moke on the way to the airport to go home.

Chez Francine at St. Jean beach with the great waiter, Patou; fresh grilled dorade, frites, red cabbage slaw on wooden plates, our first accras, and pinas or planteurs, not to mention the ambiance and view…Also Chez Joe in town for breakfast and Joe Felix’s original circular bar at the airport for arrival planteurs, and the original La Saladerie when Eddy was the chef!
Chez Francine one reason we fell in love with St. Barth

Some help…taking a walk through history on this thread has been wonderful. There was one place in Saline that I just can’t remember the name of. Jambalaya cuisine I believe. Circa 2003 - 2005 when we brought our niece to our happy place for her college graduation present. I believe right before L’Esprit on the left. Could have been a place before meat & potatoes. Anyone!