Restaurants you miss.

Hideaway, Maya’s and Meat and Potatoes.

This is harder than it looks. So many have closed or changed hands. Oldies from first visits in the early 90s would be
The original Francois Plantation, The Lafayette Cub and Sapotillier up to PaCri in Saline.

andys-hideaway.jpg
wall-house.jpg

Sapotilier With the tree, Au Port with the view and lamb medallions, Chez Francine on the beach, Piperi Palace, Eddy’s Ghetto, the old Wall House Vincent Adam, Marigot Bay with the lobster, Le Flamboyant with the best lobster stew dinner. La Marine we went there for mussels and there were none so we had great pizza. I forget the name of the resto that preceded Nikki Beach.

83981C48-5A78-4D23-A0BB-6D5504BCAEB2.jpg

Chez Joe. Sandwichs à la langouste. Ti Punch with muddled Maraschinos. J’adorais.

Someone please remind me where in town this was. I’m a bit muddled myself at this point :thinking1:

Chez Joe. Sandwichs à la langouste. Ti Punch with muddled Maraschinos. J’adorais.

Someone please remind me where in town this was. I’m a bit muddled myself at this point :thinking1:

I’m a bit fuzzy too, but I think the progression was Chez Joe, Chez Domi, Victoire Boutique/Cafe Victoire, Barts, Lounge Barons de Rothschild. Rue General de Gaulle, on the left, before the former Pipiri Palace on the right.

Vincent Adam with Valerie from Belgium. The gastronomic restaurant on top of Eden Rock. Le Vietnam and Angelique. Definitely also Marigot Bay Club with the waiters swimming out to retrieve lobsters! Case de L'Ile at Ile de France with Patrick. Saline with Peace, when it was open. The briefly lived Ociela. Le Colonial.