Cats

Hawke

Senior Insider
Normally I don't feed cats at a villa, however a mother cat that had a litter of five kittens was a special circumstance. She only had one eye. We may be renting the same villa again. Wonder if she will be around?

"way back" we stayed at toiny every year for a couple of weeks. we had two cats that visited us every morning for breakfast. we are so silly that we got them their own bacon and milk every day and needless to say we were popular. it was one of many memorable st barts experiences for us !! alas toiny sold, the staff all left ,and the cats "disappeared" SO DID WE!!

The cats that visit us in Lurin provide many moments of entertainment. We tell friends that our biggest expenses are wine, butter and cat food! They come in all sizes and most are repeat visitors. One cat that I was not too fond of finally won me over. She has one eye and really wanted to be friends. She won. By the end of the stay, I got to pet her and hear her purring motor switch into high gear.

We are cat lovers but they are not for everybody. The good news is they keep the rodents under control. My guess is some renters and/or hotel guests may not appreciate them being around. We love them wandering the tables at Maya's.
Warning- this is not an issue on the island but don't start feeding ducks near your home- they will return for years and leave you many thank you 'gifts.'

Yes . . . and do you remember its name? (I don't.) I do remember, however, that Paco told me that the duck "left on vacation."

Dennis,
i remember Paco telling our family the same thing, he said “left while we were on vacation”. We surmised amongst ourselves that Paco got tired of cleaning up duck poop and Edgar was given a one way ticket to duckie heaven

Dennis,
i remember Paco telling our family the same thing, he said “left while we were on vacation”. We surmised amongst ourselves that Paco got tired of cleaning up duck poop and Edgar was given a one way ticket to duckie heaven
I think that you're right, Bob . . . probably a pet of Paco & Julie's kids, so a "friendly" explanation was needed.

We're big fans of cats and do quite a bit of fostering. Most people don't realize that giving cats cow's milk is really bad for them. They're usually lactose intolerant, and it will give them the runs. They like the taste so they'll drink it, but you should never give it to them. It's especially dangerous to give to kittens, because the dehydration often kills them.

We used to give our cats cow milk until we learned that it wasn't good for them as well.
Back to Paco- maybe he had a roast duck special on the menu one night ever so briefly- LOL