Shell Beach pictures from the time of just shells on the beach

bkeats

Senior Insider
So looking at these pictures, it appears at least in 1993, there was nothing on the beach except shells, people and the occasional dog. Nothing on the hills above either. No Do Brazil, Shellona or villas above.

SBH Shell 1993.1.jpgSBH Shell 1993.2.jpgSBH Shell 1993.3.jpgSBH Shell 1993.4.jpgSBH Shell 1993.5.jpg

When the sun is out and at the right angle, Shell Beach has some of the prettiest colored water I have ever seen.

Interesting. We assumed the shells were trucked in. Guess there is a big reef not too far off the beach? We have never seen it or heard people talk about it there.

Interesting. We assumed the shells were trucked in. Guess there is a big reef not too far off the beach? We have never seen it or heard people talk about it there.
As I recall most of this beach was created from the dredging of the Harbor prior to this the area was the dump.

On that first trip, we collected a lot of worn old glass and pottery shards and even metal fittings from Shell Beach. Makes sense that the stuff on the beach was dredged from the harbor. Some of the pottery looked like pieces of old dutch porcelain. Lots of material probably got dumped into the harbor over the centuries. Nothing of that really interesting stuff seems to be left today.

Last trip we were walking on, what we call the coral graveayard in Grand Fond, when I found the perfect shell. Denise packed it in her carryon and while going through screening it was confiscated. I'm guessing it didn't end up on any beach.

1993! That's the year we honeymooned in St. Barths. Great pictures. I would look for myself but I don't think we went to Shell Beach. We went mostly to Saline, if memory serves.

Few rocks in comparison to what I saw last year,didn't make it to Shell this year, parking. Never had any shells confiscated.