What's open and when?

dgberczik

SBH Member
We were planning a November trip, but circumstances are turning us toward October. Is there a list of what hotels and restaurants are open in October?

Also, we thought that we would stay one night in a hotel before taking possession of our villa. Is this doable?

Thanks again.

On hotels, the best bet is to go to their website and try to book a room - you will see the opening date and avalability. No "list" is usually avalable. On restaurants, by the end of October most are open. Historically, September and October many are closed.

Just checked and Eden Rock opens on 1 November.

Thanks, I did see that Le Toiny is open 15 October, Le Sereno the 21st. This year is soooo complicated!

You’re looking at high-end hotels. Maybe that’s what you want. There are, in any event, less expensive options. In this regard, a hotel may advise that it has a 2 or 3 night minimum. If you’re genuinely interested in the place, I recommend that you frequently check back. As the arrival date grows closer, there’s a likelihood that single night reservations will become available.

We were planning a November trip, but circumstances are turning us toward October. Is there a list of what hotels and restaurants are open in October?

Also, we thought that we would stay one night in a hotel before taking possession of our villa. Is this doable?

Thanks again.

I want to add . . . generally speaking, October 15 is a “tipping point” at which most restaurants (perhaps excluding resort hotels) commence their openings.

Thanks, I did see that Le Toiny is open 15 October, Le Sereno the 21st. This year is soooo complicated!

That's really not unusual for the hotels and restaurants to vary the opening dates in late October. Rule of thumb is that everything is back before Thanksgiving. October is the restart month for many.

I want to add . . . generally speaking, October 15 is a “tipping point” at which most restaurants (perhaps excluding resort hotels) commence their openings.

That's what I thought, although we have never been that early. We've always headed down between 11/15 and 12/15.

An option also is to call the hotel directly and ask for an email confirmation. We have found it to cut through the digital ‘red tape!’

Thanks, all. We are coming in 8 November and staying at the villa to the 17th. Then we head to le sereno for three days before heading back. Can't. Wait.

We will be leaving the 'Burgh when you are returning....have a great trip and be sure to leave us some champagne!

Thanks, all for the good wishes. We are confirmed for 10 days in Lorient and then four days finishing up at Le Sereno, which has been on my list since the first time we had dinner there. Arriving 8 November and hoping that the island of our dreams is open!

Given all of the pandemic developments, you should consider checking with your airlines on covid travel policies and as you may have seen on the Forum- a 10pm-5am curfew is in effect, subject to change which can affect your original question on this thread.