Happy Passover

andynap

Senior Insider
20200408_111627.jpg

Thank you, Andy. Tonight we will have a Zoom Seder with our sons and their families in New York. Strange, it you gotta be thankful for the technology that exists nowadays.

A Ziessen Pesach, , a Sweet Passover, to all who observe this very special Jewish holiday week and share their Seder meal.

By the way, the photo you chose is gorgeous.

Happy Passover to all friends on the island who will be celebrating. (A&P . . . enjoy the Zoom Seder!)

Happy Passover to all who celebrate. How different this will be for all of my Jewish friends who will not be having the usual numbers of people at their table or the food prep and presentations. Easter will be the same for just the two of us instead of having friends at our table.

Happy Passover to all who celebrate! Yes, Nancy, Easter will certainly be different for everyone celebrating it. First time not having our kids all home with us...but, it is what it is. Thank goodness for FaceTime! Our warmest wishes to everyone.

Happy Passover to all. Zoom Seder - Great idea!

The Zoom Seder was very nice. Everyone but our oldest grandson checked in, but he works for Amazon in Dallas, and was pretty busy. It was strange not being with everyone, but the Zoom technology kind of made it OK.

Phil

Carole and i had a zoom sedar with our family
”not the same” no hugs and kisses, but we did have a great family visit

So moving. And last night at our Zoom Seder we discussed dealing with this COVID19 plague. No one could begin to Imagine dealing with 10 horrible plagues while we were slaves in Egypt.

I read a lot and the Holocaust testimonials and novels are abundant. Recently I read “999” about the first trainload of Jewish single women delivered to Auschwitz. Amazing any of them survived at all. Hearing on this link the voices of the old who survived the Warsaw ghetto was chilling and inspiring.

Bad things happen. The people who work together and care for each other prove that humanity can overcome many hardships. We shall get through this pandemic. Stay strong. Be safe. And STAY HOME!

And a big thank you for those who aid us..Be it medical help, nourishment assistance, or services like power, water, and sanitation. If we care for and about each other we will make it, we will overcome, we will survive!

Blessings on all your heads. May it yet prove to be a sweet Passover.

So moving. And last night at our Zoom Seder we discussed dealing with this COVID19 plague. No one could begin to Imagine dealing with 10 horrible plagues while we were slaves in Egypt.

I read a lot and the Holocaust testimonials and novels are abundant. Recently I read “999” about the first trainload of Jewish single women delivered to Auschwitz. Amazing any of them survived at all. Hearing on this link the voices of the old who survived the Warsaw ghetto was chilling and inspiring.

Bad things happen. The people who work together and care for each other prove that humanity can overcome many hardships. We shall get through this pandemic. Stay strong. Be safe. And STAY HOME!

And a big thank you for those who aid us..Be it medical help, nourishment assistance, or services like power, water, and sanitation. If we care for and about each other we will make it, we will overcome, we will survive!

Blessings on all your heads. May it yet prove to be a sweet Passover.

To Amy's point, there is a beautiful PBS movie called "The Windermere Children" that aired recently. It is an amazing story of refugee children brought to the lake district of England after WWII that illustrates the incredible strength of the human spirit. Look at listings for when it might rerun on local PBS stations or you can find it on Amazon Prime. Make sure to select the movie, not "The Windermere Children: In Their Own Words" which is a followup to the movie featuring interviews with the children as adults.
A powerful message of hope this Holy Week.

A zizen Pesach to all. Did Zoom seder also. Frankly prefer to our typical extended in person cluster fark...LOL

Be well. Wash your hands! Wear your mask!

(Oh. And OPEN the damn country, please...)

To Amy's point, there is a beautiful PBS movie called "The Windermere Children" that aired recently. It is an amazing story of refugee children brought to the lake district of England after WWII that illustrates the incredible strength of the human spirit. Look at listings for when it might rerun on local PBS stations or you can find it on Amazon Prime. Make sure to select the movie, not "The Windermere Children: In Their Own Words" which is a followup to the movie featuring interviews with the children as adults.

I will have to see which I recorded from PBS since haven't watched it yet.

Thank you for the recommendation, Amery