Les Petites Carreaux - The Little Tiles

KevinS

Senior Insider
Les Petites Carreaux, the shop in Gustavia which sells iconic SBH beach scene tiles and mugs, now has a second location, upstairs at the airport.

71D80BC0-4515-40B6-BAC8-587FDFAA17C4.jpeg

67EFF73E-D7CF-4C36-BF79-DBC21FB9BC69.jpeg

649BD1F8-2A9D-40CD-8120-BB4E88939EE5.jpeg

Splendid show of the tile wares. I have mugs and treasure my scenic morning coffee time.

The owner — and tile artist — is Veronique VanderNoot, a charming and talented lady. We recently received one of her tiles for Villa CEC:
DFF00F98-4CEE-4A20-B696-CDD5EC13B682.jpg

My wrist is resting on one of the large mouse pads that I bought several years ago at the shop upstairs in the passage near Le Select, is of Gouverneur beach entrance, also have a good shopping bag I use for grocery store, Grand Cul de Sac on one side, St Jean beach on the other. Nice to know more locations.

A really unique item gift or momento to take home from St Barths.

Dennis your villa sign is lovely.

A really unique item gift or momento to take home from St Barths.

Dennis your villa sign is lovely.
Merci, Amy . . . it brings a smile to my face as I appreciate the cheerful image each time I pass it!

My wrist is resting on one of the large mouse pads that I bought several years ago at the shop upstairs in the passage near Le Select, is of Gouverneur beach entrance, also have a good shopping bag I use for grocery store, Grand Cul de Sac on one side, St Jean beach on the other. Nice to know more locations.
I, too, have my shopping bags! Mostly they hang in my closet so I can see them every day! I would love to buy more things, so I wonder if Véronique has a way to send them to America? I would like one of everything, please! :D If anyone knows, her, please find out if she can send things to us in the US..nothing can cheer you up better than some St-Barth souvenirs you can look at each day. So happy to know they have a second store now, so thank you for sharing!!

The shop in Gustavia is the one on the second floor next to the juice place, correct? We tried to go twice in early November to get a couple more items and they were not open. Perhaps they were working to get the other store open? Or perhaps I am thinking of a different place that sells these types of items

The shop in Gustavia is the one on the second floor next to the juice place, correct? We tried to go twice in early November to get a couple more items and they were not open. Perhaps they were working to get the other store open? Or perhaps I am thinking of a different place that sells these types of items

Yes same place.... are you still here, maybe the new airport shop has better hours?

The tiles are the work of Véronique Vandernoot. Her shop in Gustavia is on the upper floor of Crémaillère Passage, so if you found a store selling tiles and mugs with that type of design then you found the right place.