Rosewood Le Guanahani St. Barth will reopen its doors in Spring 2021

Not likely and I last saw the euro at 1.21

Being curious, I decided to do some comparison shopping. As a frame of reference, for arrival on Tuesday, February 23 . . . with departure on Friday, February 26, I find the following:
Eden Rock shows only one availability -- a "Plantation Room," 50 sq meters, with terrace & a garden view . . . WiFi & breakfast included: 2,400 Euros/night (approximately $2,900/night, not including tax)
Hotel Le Toiny shows a variety of availabilities -- least expensive is a "Junior Suite," 66 sq meters, with sitting area, large terrace, private pool, and partial sea view . . . WiFi & breakfast included . . . + complimentary minibar included: 1,700 Euros/night (approximately $2,000/night, not including tax)

And, our dear friends who we actually met on the island in 2015, have stayed there for many years! They can’t wait for Le G to reopen. They, too, have contacted Rosewood to make a reservation but to no avail.
Just saw this, Gayle...so looking forward to getting back there with you! (You can always come to San Diego if we can't get to SBH yet!!)

Can’t wait to read everybody’s reviews and see photos of the new Guanahani. Sad for us that it has been closed for so long. Jimmy B’s new digs are right next door I believe?

I don't think so. His "new" house -- completed about a year ago -- is on a hillside overlooking Gustavia harbor.

On La Pointe. He torn down a perfectly good one and then rebuilt. Good to be Jimmy!

Haven’t seen any reports yet- Wonder with the status of the island tourism wise if the Guanahani will delay it’s planned opening this spring? We will see.

HELLO! It is Spring 2021 and still no Rosewood Le Guanahani:(...by chance, does anyone have any new information? After that letter from St. Barth Properties about the possibility of coming down, I have heard nothing to indicate when Le Guanahani might reopen. If it has taken since 2017 to restore the bell tower at the Church (so happy it is back!), I can't imagine what it will take to get my favorite hotel back...and as always, I'm not getting any younger:laughing-cry:! Thank you in advance for any info you might be able to add!

With the island "closed" it's no surprise they haven't opened -- I wonder if they will now wait until the fall...

With the island "closed" it's no surprise they haven't opened -- I wonder if they will now wait until the fall...

On the booking page there are no rooms avalible this spring or summer.
Openings show in October.

Screen Shot 2021-04-15 at 1.55.15 PM.jpg

The cost of maintaining a staff etc. with the prospects uncertain on numbers of clients and the high season being over makes sense to stay closed until October.

On the booking page there are no rooms avalible this spring or summer.
Openings show in October.

View attachment 56687

Thank you so much for the info..I was sort of hoping against hope but I guess we will just wait. (Of course, it makes sense that with the current state of border affairs, it would be difficult to staff and no one would want to bring anything down to the island to expose anyone unnecessarily.) But we are ready and willing to go, being vaccinated; this was our normal "week +", so we are really missing the island and everyone down there. Gayle, let's start planning next year!

Can’t wait to try the new Rosewood Guanahani- one of our favorite spots for lunch and a leisurely day on the sand and in the water.

We are (hopefully) staying at Le Sereno the last three days of our two weeks and are looking forward to moseying to Le G one day and Le B the next.