Maya’s

We are huge fans of Maya's, and have been since our first trip to the island back in '96. We usually dine there at least twice during our trips for all the great reasons stated above. Maya and Randy always make you feel at home, and Dora....well, she is da bomb!!! Can't wait to get back next April. Oh, did I mention Maya's gateau au chocolat??! To DIE for!

As memorialized in a famous island book!

9C7E45C6-A2ED-4137-9CF5-461B0732E0F7.jpg

15F91D41-DA62-422F-846E-64EDBBC3681F.jpg

I've made that orange cake and its comes close to the original. Sadly the environment in Pittsburgh is not quite same as on the harbor in Public. But we can imagine.....

Has been top of our dining list for past 30 plus years..remote location, stunning peaceful setting with view of twinkling lights in harbor, the joyful greeting from Dora, chats with Randy and Maya about the evenings specials, and for us every bite of our meal is a culinary delight. Looking forward to finally getting back there this April...

I've made that orange cake and its comes close to the original. Sadly the environment in Pittsburgh is not quite same as on the harbor in Public. But we can imagine.....

I've given it a try as well and agree it just isn't the same!

IMG_2875.jpg

Since our first visit there in 1985, Maya's has been at the top of our list of "We can't wait to go back" every year! I couldn't agree with Dennis and the last few posts here more--the food (I do love the Thai Cabbage Salad!), and ambience, and graciousness of Dora, Randy, and Maya (and more)--we can't wait to get back in March!