Eddy's opening 2020

didier

Senior Insider
What a fun night. love love the new menu items.

Ed arrived just after we did, he was regaling us with stories of his summer and his upcoming mexico trip in november. Ed is not letting this covid change his travel plans and neither am I. a few pics below. Dda & Ed had one of the new items on the menu Peking Duck in a homemade broth with udon noodles. Everything was great, I had my usual grilled mahi and it came with a new passion fruit sauce, very yummy. Ed had the rose. I tried some of the wine, very good.

IMG_0380.JPG

IMG_0382.JPG

IMG_0385.JPG

IMG_0384.JPG

Both dishes — duck & Mahi — look mouth-wateringly delicious! Lovely pic of you, also, Diana!

Another wonderful opening night!! Everything looks amazing, you and those delectable meals...thanks for the report, Diana!

. . . following in your lead, Diana, I’m enjoying the noodles & duck tonight. Delicious, but next time I’ll wear a bib — splashes of the broth don’t look good on my shirt! (When finished with noodles, veggies, & duck, I got a spoon and enjoyed every last drop of the broth!)

My first course was the foie gras — REALLY delicious. No GF bread, so I used lettuce leaves as wraps for bites of this very special item.

Wine . . . a very smooth, mildly hearty Burgundy. Vintage of 2014 almost gone . . . 2017 is next in line.
A36D5DA7-4979-47D5-B566-43134CA10292.jpeg

A nice size crowd . . . probably about half full, “socially distanced” — apparently in accordance with French rules. I’d guess that it’s 50/50, Americans & French visitors.

Staff members are rigidly adherent to masks . . . and only “air hugs” & fist bumps. The “regulars” are back . . . + at least one new (very pretty) face among the servers.

I never can say enough about my pleasure in being at Eddy’s (#eddysrestaurant). Great to be here for a new “season.”