Masks to be enforced starting monday oct. 26

didier

Senior Insider
So far this new rule has not been enforced, so most people walking in gustavia and in front of the shops in st. jean have not been wearing a mask unless they are going inside a shop or a restaurant.

So if you are on the streets outside in gustavia or st. jean......make sure your mask is on and not below your chin.

And important to cover MOUTH and NOSE. Many seem to forget the nose part. Just practice and get used to it

And important to cover MOUTH and NOSE. Many seem to forget the nose part. Just practice and get used to it

Just don't understand why people don't get that the nose must be covered too. Seen many on tv, in person at dentist waiting area...but is it safe to mention it to anyone ?

I actually do not think masks outside on the street is a good idea. I was just posting to let you know this will be enforced starting monday, I don't want you to get a fine. As the dude says, "I will abide".

Just establish eye contact and tuck your own mask upwards. A rather subtle hint.

I would agree. As much as it may be difficult for those of us who are passionate about this topic to bite our tongue, there is truly no reason to engage someone else unless you are the owner of a business they are inside of.

If we're truly all concerned about our well being and the well being of those around us, the best thing we can do is minimize or eliminate interaction with someone not wearing a mask properly/at all. You never know who you're dealing with, and potentially putting yourself in a position to get into an argument about masks only serves to spew more moisture particles into the air and put others (and yourself) at risk.

Whenever I see someone not wearing a mask or wearing one improperly, I make an extra effort to stay away from them. If it is within a business and the business owner doesn't enforce the law (or their own employees are the ones doing it), I'll simply stop giving the business my money.