Stunning evening at Santa Fe Restaurant

cec1

Senior Insider
I arrived early - 6:30 - to enjoy some quiet time in talking with extraordinary all-around-guy & bartender, Alix . . and proprietor David. It’s a rare opportunity to do so as the restaurant quickly fills with guests who seek — and deserve — the gentle, thoughtful ministrations of #santafesbh.

Among them, the fascinating guests seated at a table nearby to me at dinner. Typical of the overheard conversation, a discussion of whether it’s best to enter into Africa’s Great Limpopo Transfrontier Park through Mozambique or South Africa — a concern that never has occurred to me!

Dinner began with a tasty amuse bouche of shrimp & roasted pineapple, with a light teriyaki sauce.

First course . . . tuna tataki in a sauce of ginger, shallots, coriander, soy & oyster sauces, with olive oil. Remarkably fresh & tasty tuna!
FFE9E19B-7BCE-44FF-9695-DF384BC06628.jpg

. . . followed by an extraordinary filet mignon avec frites (a substitution for mashed potatoes).
EB8CCEFE-64C0-46B3-84BC-6275FA228D14.jpg

. . . and delicious chocolate moelleux with raspberry sorbet (non-dairy substitute in lieu of vanilla ice cream)
1718D59D-C3DB-41D0-A81F-DF7FBD847D78.jpg

With a special wine, Saint Emilion Grand Cru . . . flawless service . . . truly fine food preparation & service . . . a magnificent & memorable evening. These “guys” hustle & present as a top tier SBH restaurant.

Santa Fé is one of the two restaurants which I frequent most often when I'm on St Barth. The covered terrace has a fantastic view. The staff, from David and Chef Chistophe, to Alix and the others (i'm embarased to say that those are the only three names that I know, but I know other faces) always take great care of me, and I'm still loving the Suckling Pig Pulled Pork which was added to the menu last year.

We are so lucky to have this restaurant just a few doors down.

So far the menu is unchanged. We were told by David that in about a month there will be new dishes on their new menu!

Reservations for lunch next Sunday on the terrace are made! Looks like they are not expanding the lunch days beyond Saturday and Sunday for another 2 to 3 weeks

You know, we cancelled our November trip due to the complicated travel restrictions and I said that I would be enjoying St Barths vicariously through this forum but its going to be harder than I thought! Cut to me crying out loud, copious tears. That menu is exactly what I would order. :laughing-cry:

Dennis I ordered the tuna tataki after seeing your pic and it did not disappoint and neither did our personal favorite, the escargot. I have some pics on my phone that I will try to post as well.