Covid Consultants

KAJ

SBH Member
We received a call and email from the Covid Consultants yesterday that 2 people were not able to use the at home tests they offer because only nasopharynggeal tests are accepted now. We are supposed to go in 4 days and have our tests at home already. Have regulations changed?

read my reply on covid consultants how it works. Andrea said because this one person is so nervous, they will be doing their own checking with st. barths today. this is something that they don't normally do, but because of this site, they are getting a lot of orders for their test. I will get back to you after I get another reply from Andrea after she gets the approval from st. barths.

If I am understanding correctly, there are now two people here who have recently been informed, by someone from Covid Consultants, that there is a possibility that the "at home" test they offer may no longer be accepted on SBH? Again, if I am reading correctly, there also was a third person, who may or may not be on the forum, who had asked for a refund from CC because of his or her understanding that the test may no longer be accepted on SBH?

Diana, the Andrea with whom you are speaking, is the owner?

If I am understanding correctly, there are now two people here who have recently been informed, by someone from Covid Consultants, that there is a possibility that the "at home" test they offer may no longer be accepted on SBH. Again, if I am reading correctly, there also was a third person, who may or may not be on the forum, who had asked for a refund from CC because of his or her understanding that the test may no longer be accepted on SBH.

Diana, the Andrea with whom you are speaking, is the owner?

Hi Deb, still waiting to hear back from covid consultants. will put their reply on here when I receive it. Andrea works at Covid Consultants, not sure what position she holds.

Its only 12:47 p.m. in colorado right now, so I am sure they are busy with other work.

Are you planning on coming to the island soon?

I do wonder if those two people were confusing things. Covid Consultants sell both nasal swab and spit tests; the former is what St. Barth's requires. People should be fine with the nasal RT-PCR test.

I just spoke on the phone with Andrea, everything is cleared up now if anyone wishes to email her or to call her, she is in her office right now. 303-945-0181.

Andrea informed me that she has reached out to tradewind airlines and they told her they would remove the wording for the nasal test from their web site as the wording was not accurate for sbh. The nasal test that covid consultants is selling will be accepted in sbh.

Andrea said she would spend some time tomorrow getting in touch with the people that had wanted the test but were afraid it would not be accepted.

I hope this new information will ease the minds of anyone thinking of ordering a nasal swab test from covid consultants.

I just spoke on the phone with Andrea, everything is cleared up now if anyone wishes to email her or to call her, she is in her office right now. 303-945-0181.

Andrea informed me that she has reached out to tradewind airlines and they told her they would remove the wording for the nasal test from their web site as the wording was not accurate for sbh. The nasal test that covid consultants is selling will be accepted in sbh.

Andrea said she would spend some time tomorrow getting in touch with the people that had wanted the test but were afraid it would not be accepted.

I hope this new information will ease the minds of anyone thinking of ordering a nasal swab test from covid consultants.
Thank you!

Just curious if they are checking Winair, SB Commuter, and SXM?

KAJ, I may have read it wrong, but it sounded like the call/email that you had received was initiated by (someone from) Covid Consultants to let you know that 2 people were not able to use the home tests as opposed to initiated by you as to whether or not the test would be accepted?

And, acp, it sounded like you were informed by (someone from) Covid Consultants their test will no longer be accepted by St. Barth’s, asked you to return the kit, and referred you to a place in San Francisco?

I guess I just didn't pick up where the testing problems posted rested with the descriptions on the Tradewinds site?

It sure would be bad to do the tests, arrive on SBH, and encounter some sort of problem, if someone else already has, and that was what triggered CC's communications to some customers?

Most Countries have an official website that shows the exact testing requirements. Does St Barth have this? I haven't seen it but this seems to be the main problem. Everyone is quoting what the airlines and villa rental agencies state, but there should be something official out there

KAJ, I may have read it wrong, but it sounded like the call/email that you had received was initiated by (someone from) Covid Consultants to let you know that 2 people were not able to use the home tests as opposed to initiated by you as to whether or not the test would be accepted?

And, acp, it sounded like you were informed by (someone from) Covid Consultants their test will no longer be accepted by St. Barth’s, asked you to return the kit, and referred you to a place in San Francisco?

I guess I just didn't pick up where the testing problems posted rested with the descriptions on the Tradewinds site?

It sure would be bad to do the tests, arrive on SBH, and encounter some sort of problem, if someone else already has, and that was what triggered CC's communications to some customers?

this is my last post on this covid test.

from what I gather, what started this whole thing was that someone who wanted to purchase one of the test kits called into covid consultants and read the info about a nasal swab test on the tradewind website to one of the associates at covid consultants, they way it was worded made it seem like it was a different test than what is actually required in st. barths or what covid consultants was selling.

that is why Andrea reached out to tradewind and suggested that they change the wording so it would not be confusing. The test that covid consultants sell is the test that is accepted in st. barths.

I am now officially done with answering anything else. My test results were accepted as were others. I would suggest that anyone who may have even a little doubt about getting this test kit from covid consultants, I think you should go to a clinic somewhere and get tested and hope you get your tests back on time.

I am done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Another company offering quick turnaround is https://www.letsgetchecked.com/us/en/home-coronavirus-test/. UVA used them as students returned to campus, and will again before they return home for the holidays. The company has partnered with American Airlines for COVID travel testing. Just another option to consider. If you click on the AA info, there are links to the US Embassy and the travel requirements for each country. https://bb.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/covid-19-information/

Tiffany, thanks for the reference/referrals. Appreciated.

Another company offering quick turnaround is https://www.letsgetchecked.com/us/en/home-coronavirus-test/. UVA used them as students returned to campus, and will again before they return home for the holidays. The company has partnered with American Airlines for COVID travel testing. Just another option to consider. If you click on the AA info, there are links to the US Embassy and the travel requirements for each country. https://bb.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/covid-19-information/
Only challenge here is that like many, they don't guarantee 24-48 hour turnaround, which is what most of us need. The only two places I have found that guarantee 24 hours are Covid Consultants and this location in Queens, NY: https://queens-urgent-care-center.business.site Apparently they charge $250 if you don't have insurance.