Carl Gustaf opening night

didier

Senior Insider
The hotel looks great. we had cocktails and then dinner with friends, what a wonderful evening. The food was soooo good. The name of the restaurant is Fouquet's.
The chef's name is Gil, he came over to our table to recommend dishes and came back to make sure every order was to our satisfaction, it was. The chef explained how each dish was prepared. Without going into a lot of detail ( did not take pics of the food, sorry) our starters were foie gras, and the main courses, chicken with a vignard sauce, tartare fouquet's, conch fricassee with a miso soup, steamed vegetables, mashed potatoes, french fries etc. the main courses do not come with any sides, you have to order that separately.

We wanted to order dessert, but we were all too full. The couple ( she is quite famous) at the next table had crepes suzette, I loved watching the presentation.

We were sitting at a table outside, so the harbor was a spectacular view. Not one mosquito bite. All the staff made sure our night was a memorable one.

I took several photo's and will be posting one of dda studying the menu, a mojito, and me.

didster.jpg

IMG_0375.JPG

IMG_0371.JPG

At the end of our meal, the chef came back to our table and offered the 4 of us a complimentary glass of champagne. we declined as it was getting late, it was after 10 and I was driving. However a very nice gesture. The restaurant did not offer any rum at the end, not sure its their thing.

Amy, will you be coming home soon?

Lovely evening, Diana, and great report...thanks for sharing. Looking forward to checking it out next April!

Thanks Diana. Nice to see The Goose open again, and hopefully Fouquet's can maintain the same level of service.

Thanks for posting Diana - can't wait to try it out some day. The outdoor seating looks beautiful, and the chef looks VERY young!