Macron curfew

JEK

Senior Insider
513D2F3B-2D0F-4DF0-95BE-4616789EDB7F.jpg

While this will probaly have no direct impact on island restrictions, it is concerning as the French mainland seasonal workers will really be swarming in over the next few weeks.

Le Journal had an article today that covered seasonal workers.

COVID: THE FIGURES ARE IMPROVING
by Valentine Autruffe 10/14/2020
Over the past two weeks, the number of new cases detected has dropped considerably. The circulation of the virus in Saint-Barthélemy is weakening. Limiting the number of imported cases is the challenge.

No health bulletin from the Prefecture of the Northern Islands since October 1. The latest official figures, published by Santé Publique France on October 9, go back ten days. After the peak in the first part of September, the number of new cases declined to 10 for the week of September 28 to October 4. And according to our information between October 5 and today only three new cases have been detected (all members of the same family). They are all not very symptomatic and confined to their homes.

Random checks
the veracity of the tests
We are therefore witnessing a decrease in Covid activity on the island. The challenge now is to limit the importation of the virus by arrivals from outside. A good number of seasonal workers are already there, all of them arrived with a negative PCR test carried out on D-3, mandatory to enter Saint-Barthélemy. The Prefecture of the Northern Islands informs that the authenticity of these tests (as well as those of foreign tourists) will be verified during random checks. In fact, in two mouse clicks, or by paying a few tens of euros, it is very easy to perform a false PCR test in your name, without going through the swab box.

In addition, the laboratory received reinforcement from the health safety reserve, which is very useful in view of the mass of screenings to be carried out. He is not authorized to perform nasopharyngeal swabs, but supports the team in all other tasks for two weeks.

Finally, the Collectivity is campaigning with the ARS to set up a screening point on arrival at the airport, via saliva tests; but these have not yet been fully approved.

No new restriction
Regarding restrictions, no new measures are planned for our island. Wearing a mask is compulsory in establishments open to the public (shops, airport, hotel de la Collectivité, etc.). Restaurants and bars are required to close their doors at midnight. Covid display is required, such as the provision of hydroalcoholic gel and, to the extent possible, respect for social distancing. Any gathering, meeting or demonstration of more than ten people must be the subject of a prior declaration at the prefecture.

Concern in Saint-Martin
No data on Saint-Martin either, but yesterday Valérie Denux, director of ARS, said she was "worried about an increase in cases since the resumption of flows". Sint-Maarten announces 56 active cases, a figure that has been roughly stable for several weeks. Guadeloupe, it recorded fifteen deaths at the CHU last week, and 527 contaminations, even less than the previous week. In September the plateau was one thousand new cases every week. Currently twenty people are in intensive care. The prefect extended most of the measures until November 3.

looks like since october 16, things will change on the island as the island will implement some of the new changes, such as limiting gatherings, etc. this should make new years eve a non event.

looks like since october 16, things will change on the island as the island will implement some of the new changes, such as limiting gatherings, etc. this should make new years eve a non event.

Should I at this point assume that the Gustavialoppet will also be a non event? Any news on that yet?

Should I at this point assume that the Gustavialoppet will also be a non event? Any news on that yet?

with the new restrictions, I don't see how the gustavia loppet could take place. you never know, regulations change from week to week here.

I would imagine with the second waves in Europe and the US (has the first even finished? :rolleyes:), all policies and/or restrictions will be fluid in the near future. My wife and I decided there was no way we wanted to deal with going via Juliana. The upside is flying via Puerto Rico requires one to have a negative PCR prior to even getting there. The downside is the expense of a 24 hour turnaround on a PCR so one can make it to SBH within the current 72 hour window. But it's SBH, we love it, and we need the break from this year! :D

Sure hope you can pull this trip off...it sounds like you need it! Welcome to the forum.