Wear a mask

drrows

SBH Insider
During this challenging pandemic social distancing and hand washing are very important . The most critical mitigation measure is to wear a mask. L’Avion thanks so many who are being protected with our mask. Stay safe !!!

yes, wear a mask if you want, but by all means take your vitamin D3. and keep your hands away from your face. and keep a few feet away from others. and wash your hands frequently. and stay home if you're sick. and wash your hands frequently.

but more than anything, if you're in a high risk category (which excludes the vast majority of people) take extraordinary precautions.

"I think masks are the most powerful weapon we have to confront COVID and we all need to embrace masks and set the example for each other." Dr. Robert R. Redfield, C.D.C director.

"I think masks are the most powerful weapon we have to confront COVID and we all need to embrace masks and set the example for each other." Dr. Robert R. Redfield, C.D.C director.
Yes and that’s because, according to the CDC:
[FONT=&quot]The principal mode by which people are infected with SARS-CoV-2 (the virus that causes COVID-19) is through exposure to respiratory droplets carrying infectious virus.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Respiratory droplets are produced during exhalation (e.g., breathing, speaking, singing, coughing, sneezing) and span a wide spectrum of sizes that may be divided into two basic categories based on how long they can remain suspended in the air:[/FONT]

• Larger droplets some of which are visible and that fall out of the air rapidly within seconds to minutes while close to the source.
  • Smaller droplets and particles (formed when small droplets dry very quickly in the airstream) that can remain suspended for many minutes to hours and travel far from the source on air currents.”

yes, masks have their partisans and skeptics at large and within the scientific community. by all means, wear one if you believe Dr Redfield et al.

but, most importantly, if you are elderly and have certain chronic morbidities, stay out of circulation. the vast majority of mortalities come from that category.

yes, those who agree with you are free to wear them. cheers.

You have already stated your view once on this thread, and now a second time. Perhaps you don't have a plan to visit the island, but, if you do, and the island asks that you wear a mask, would you not be wearing one because you don't agree?

I just wore a mask for 7 straight days, 10 hours a day in the sweltering Orlando sun (90-degrees with humidity in the upper 80s) while on a trip to Disney World. The park asks you to wear a mask, and I complied per their policy.

Surely, I can be bothered to wear a mask in St. Barts when passing others on the street or walking briefly through a restaurant or retail store for mere minutes at a time.

If you don't want to respect the requests of your hosts, don't come to the party, folks.

Responding to nobody in particular...

Nobody posting here is going to change anyone else's mind about wearing or not wearing a mask. I have my opinion, and everyone else has theirs.

Straddling the fence, LOL, I have one of the L'Avion masks mentioned in the original post in this thread, but I haven't had reason to wear it yet. (Admittedly, I have lots of masks, from lots of suppliers, and for lots of reasons.)

Let's not go adversarial here. There are people who I respect who are on different sides of many issues, including the use of masks.

If you feel that you must reply to this thread then please do so, but please be civil and kind. I dislike locking threads.

You have already stated your view once on this thread, and now a second time. Perhaps you don't have a plan to visit the island, but, if you do, and the island asks that you wear a mask, would you not be wearing one because you don't agree?

oh dear, I hadn't realized you had been elevated to hall monitor.

Cass, calm down and focus on your next trip to that isle when all these restrictions are unnecessary. Might be are year or so, but why all the angst for yourself and we rule followers?

I'm anything but uncalm, mon ami. I really do look forward to a next trip down. in the meantime, flying to Rosemary Beach in the morning for a lovely break from a busy work schedule.