St Barths departure COVID requirements?

Including the full list of requirements I received from St. Barth Commuter today via email, and noting that a Health Declaration Form is still required to board when going from SBH to SXM.

Connecting Passengers via Sint Maarten (SXM) :
Prior ARRIVAL to St Barths from Sint Maarten :
> Negative COVID-19 PCR test carried out 72 hours before the flight.
> Health Declaration Form to be completed on :
https://stmaartenehas.com/application-form/
> Declaration on the honor of absence of symptoms (travellers from France only).
Prior DEPARTURE from St Barths to Sint Maarten :
> Health Declaration Form :
https://stmaartenehas.com/application-form/
> Declaration on the honor of absence of symptoms (travellers to France only).
> NO rt-PCR required if you are travelling from St-Barths and you are IN TRANSIT in Juliana.
For more information about the travel requirements from/to Sint-Maarten, please click here :
https://stmaartenehas.com/travel-requirements/

thanks! Still a bit confused. I understand now that a test is NOT required on exit from st barths with transit through SXM but the health deceleration form is? Doesn’t the health deceleration form require you to upload the COVID test? Thanks

That's a good question. I have yet to fill out or view the form so I'm not sure. Perhaps there's a place where you note where you are coming from, and if St. Barth a test upload is not required?

I think best course of action is to call SXM and email the jumper plane company before departing. Especially since things are constantly in flux!

And of course love to hear from others on their experiences!

Our next trip has us overnighting in SJU from SBH to catch early flight on American next morning. Assuming that is not considered “in transit” and wondering what we would have to do...we aren’t traveling till April so hoping things will be easier by then...

Just emailed with Tradewind...if leaving airport to go to hotel in San Juan to overnight before morning flight home to states a Covid test is required 72 hours prior.....same day transit no test required

I hate throwing in confusion, but...

It's clear that St Barth Commuter says that there is no PCR test required if you are In-Transit from SBH to the US.

It is also clear that the StMaartenEHAS.com website says in it's FAQ section "All passengers transiting through Princess Juliana International Airport arriving from high and moderate risk countries or having visited one in the 14 days prior to travel to Sint Maarten, are required to fill out the EHAS application as well as to provide documentation of proof of a negative rt-PCR COVID-19 test result upon arrival."

To me, that says that if you travel from the US (high risk country) to SBH, and stay less than 14 days in SBH (low risk country), than a negative rt-PCR test is required on your return through SXM.

If the airport is not requiring it at the moment, that's great.

How do you read it?

What you stated makes a lot of sense Kevin. Perhaps anyone communicating with SBC (or Winair or anyone else) about the topic needs to make it clear that they were in SBH for less than 14 days (assuming they were). While SBH may be low risk, the US is not.

On a related note if cases keep going up in SBH it may become a moot point pretty soon...

What you stated makes a lot of sense Kevin. Perhaps anyone communicating with SBC (or Winair or anyone else) about the topic needs to make it clear that they were in SBH for less than 14 days (assuming they were). While SBH may be low risk, the US is not.

On a related note if cases keep going up in SBH it may become a moot point pretty soon...

Kevin I completely agree. That’s how I read it as well and Jim it would be nice to get clarity as well in writing. Last thing we want is to not get tested on exit and get to St Barths airport only to be denied entry to SXM. Would be a disaster to say the least.

I did call SXM, specifying that the trip was 7 days, and told that a test was not required if just in transit. I also received an email from EHAS@sintmaartengov.org stating the same (I specifically said I would be in SBH for 7 days in my email). [h=3][/h]But that text on the website is pretty clearly saying otherwise so thank you for posting it! The closer to the trip I get, I will probably be making a few more phone calls/sending emails to make sure I have the right protocols.

I did call SXM, specifying that the trip was 7 days, and told that a test was not required if just in transit. I also received an email from EHAS@sintmaartengov.org stating the same (I specifically said I would be in SBH for 7 days in my email). But that text on the website is pretty clearly saying otherwise so thank you for posting it! The closer to the trip I get, I will probably be making a few more phone calls/sending emails to make sure I have the right protocols.

Thanks Sunsetchaser. I think that’s wise and I will be doing the same. You never know when you get to customs whether you get someone that’s unaware of the regulations as well. Better to have something in writing imo.

When you fill out the form online and indicate you are coming from SBH for same day transit, you get an automatic email approving you to travel thru sxm...very easy

Not sure if this has been posted before, but for those of you in the DC area, the Arlington Urgent Care Center at 2439 N. Harrison in Arlington, 571-210-1638, gives Covid test results in 15 minutes. Might take a couple days to get an appointment.
Tim

Not sure if this has been posted before, but for those of you in the DC area, the Arlington Urgent Care Center at 2439 N. Harrison in Arlington, 571-210-1638, gives Covid test results in 15 minutes. Might take a couple days to get an appointment.
Tim
Wow. RT-PCR tests?

Tim
Tim, those 15 minuted are antigen test, not PCR.

It is those RT-PCR tests that are so hard to get results in 24 hours here on Long Island, Tim. And that is THE test required for entry to St Barths

Thanks. I was going to ask that. Too bad. We just Googled for the difference and the first study that popped up said the antigen test was better than the PCR, and my resident biologist Didi has explained the difference.

Tim, there is a place in McLean to get at 24 hour turnaround on a RT-PCR test - $500!

Ouch! Glad I wasn't traveling. I just wanted a test because I had been in the presence of someone who later tested positive.

Tim, there is a place in McLean to get at 24 hour turnaround on a RT-PCR test - $500!

Question for everyone.

I understand SXM won’t require a COVID test on departure but what about st barths if you are staying 7 nights/8days? Example: if you arrive on the 12th and leave the 19th you are staying longer than 7 days technically but you are leaving on the 8th day which is the day the test would be required to be taken and leaving before the testing facility is even open.