Easy Peasy

Popeyeskid

SBH Member
Couldn’t stand not being able to go anywhere for the last six months, so last Saturday I put a trip down together in about 10 minutes. Got my covid test Thursday afternoon at 3:30 and had the results in hand by 10:30 Saturday morning. I arrived a few hours ago and am enjoying a quiet evening from the Columbier hillside now.
Anyone wishing and hoping to get here, just do it. It couldn’t have been simpler.

Enjoy. Where were you for the testing, point of origin?

West coast of Florida. I found the best places to search were walk in clinics. They seem to have the quickest turn around. I’m not saying it wasn’t a stressful 30+ hours, but it was all worth it.

CD932D4D-109A-491E-8E6F-24F20C644530.png

and this is good news in September!

I'm SO jealous! But happy you were able to make it work. I wish we had the flexibility to do the same. Please keep us posted with photos and a report!

Do you still have to get tested on the return to SXM? I think it’s if you come from a hotspot (US) and you’ve been there in the last 14 days, SXM requires a negative covid test. So if you’re on SBH less than 14 days you need it to fly through SXM but if you’re on SBH longer than 7 days, they require it too! No way around it unless you fly home from SJU on day 7. Tradewinds prices are $$$$$ for February.

I am flying from EWR through SXM on Friday the 27th of November. Will try to do PCR test in NYC on Tuesday the 24th and try to get the result by Wednesday the 25th, as the 26th is Thanksgiving. I am hoping I will be Ok for Friday AM United flight EWR to SXM and then SBH. I am also PRAYING that St Barths changes the 72 hr Rule.

With the increasing number of Covid cases here I don't think the island will be changing the 72-hr rule any time soon, it's decided by the French gov't... The extended hours at Juliana SXM are on the Dutch side of the island (Sint Maarten) only.

I am flying from EWR through SXM on Friday the 27th of November. Will try to do PCR test in NYC on Tuesday the 24th and try to get the result by Wednesday the 25th, as the 26th is Thanksgiving. I am hoping I will be Ok for Friday AM United flight EWR to SXM and then SBH. I am also PRAYING that St Barths changes the 72 hr Rule.

Can you share the name of the place you’re testing at in NYC? We live in the Hudson Valley and we may have to trek into the city for guaranteed turnaround time.

For those wondering how the return is through SXM, it’s no more of a pain to navigate than usual. They barely looked at my results.