Plug for Eddie Hirschfield's photographs

ehardtke

SBH Member
Hi everyone -

I just wanted to spread some love for Eddie Hirschfield's work, which I found in this forum. I was looking for art for my new house in Southampton and wanted to personalize it with photos from my favorite island. His service, communication and final product are all fantastic! Check him out at http://www.emhphoto.com/gallery/stbarts-hc.html

Tom Beach.jpg

Nikki Beach.jpg

Hope to be back soon!

like his work very much...many years ago my daughter and I were at an art fair on the main street of Manayunk (a Philly neighborhood) and Rachel sees some photographs at a stand halfway down the block.. look she says - Saint Barth... first time we met Eddie and saw his images of the island....

like his work very much...many years ago my daughter and I were at an art fair on the main street of Manayunk (a Philly neighborhood) and Rachel sees some photographs at a stand halfway down the block.. look she says - Saint Barth... first time we met Eddie and saw his images of the island....

Funny but I saw Eddie in Manayunk too and bought the painting below

20200921_125901.jpg

Agree about Eddie's work...I've been a fan and promoter for a while. I have the same pic as the one over the fireplace.

I had to stop buying Eddie's work. I ran out of available walls to hang his pieces on. Yes, I'm a fan, and I am pleased to own multiple pieces.

We have EDDIE'S picture of Santa Fe..WHAT A SURPRISE! It brings us back to the site of our 50th wedding anniversary island celebration. A prized possession for sure.

Erin- Thanks for the plug. I think the photos look great in situ. I hadn't painted those images in a long time, and enjoyed revisiting them. It was also a much needed diversion from the lousy year 2020 has been. The restaurant has been closed (for 6 months, as of tomorrow), a few corporate sales have been put on hold (or cancelled), no art festivals, no gallery shows... To top it off, a basement flood forced me to disassemble my darkroom. I had a sump pump installed, but need to have the exterior door, jamb, and threshold replaced before I can put the darkroom back together. I'm having no luck finding a handyman, or carpenter, interested in doing the job. Apparently, people are taking the opportunity to do major renovations while stuck at home. Other than all of that, things are pretty good...

On boy Eddie--hope this virtual ( ) hug brings a smile to your face and helps you feel better.

Hey Eddie hang in there. Love your work. Places a large smile on my face and takes me back to a simpler time. We will all come back. The mutual love we have for our Island brings us to a place that embraces the beauty of life.

Eddie,
there is a yacht photographer we know - who also takes shots of flowers, landscapes, etc - had a big online sale (via Facebook for the most part) where he framed a lot of smaller prints in different sizes and sold them for $20 - $50. Sold out very quickly... granted the $20 prints were smaller than 8x10" but I bought some as gifts and they were lovely...just a thought!

Thanks, Ellen. I'd have a hard time pricing at $20-$50. The time in the darkroom, and the time spent painting them, makes prices that low difficult. I'm going to look through my stock to see if there are any I can do in the $100-$200 range. Facebook hasn't been a very good venue for me. I do much better at the art festivals, where I can explain the process. I always did well here, too. Maybe, once I see what I have, I'll talk to the powers that be about offering a few to members. (I know where one of the Mods lives, so...)