SXM PCR test now 5 days out

andynap

Senior Insider
B70E2033-C8B0-4B6A-93D5-DC606BCDB5CD.jpeg
7F253F47-AD85-499B-88B1-903BD87E0296.jpeg

No kidding. And I say that with all the sarcasm I can muster. We literally just cancelled our November Jetblue flights into SXM yesterday. Not that the new SXM regulations help with getting to SBH. Wonder if they will follow, and if so, how soon? My frustration is becoming a slow burn.

I felt the same and said IF ST MARTIN IS FIVE DAYS, CAN ST BARTHS BE FAR BEHIND? Now I Have to watch and see and remain still hopeful!

Seems there is a little push back on travel PCR test in the Métropole

Screen Shot 2020-09-16 at 4.48.09 PM.jpg

BOTTLING ON TESTS IN METROPOLIS: ULTRAMARINS NOT A PRIORITY

by V.A 09/16/2020
One million PCR tests per week in France: the target set by Olivier Véran, Minister of Health, has been reached. The other side of the coin is the delays in getting results. In some cities in France, laboratories are stormed by thousands of candidates with a swab in the nose. And now the results are not delivered for five or even seven days.

So if you are positive, you have time to infect people, unless you respect strict isolation. The government has therefore decided to list audiences who will be priority.

These are symptomatic cases, healthcare workers and contact cases. The problem for French overseas travelers is that travelers departing from the mainland (or elsewhere) must present a test on boarding, with sampling and results taken within the previous 72 hours. Almost impossible for those who come from saturated areas.

A rapid test area has therefore been set up at the airport in Paris, but there too, if you do not arrive early enough, the plane will take off without you, because it is crowded. The ticket amount will fly away with it. MEPs from Reunion and Martinique asked Olivier Véran about this on Tuesday, describing the difficulty of some overseas people to simply return home. They did not receive the expected response:

“There are priorities in access to the test. The main objective is to curb the epidemic. I'm not going to ask symptomatic patients, contact cases, or doctors to have to leave their place in testing labs so that people who have to fly can do it. I'm not telling you that the situation is satisfactory, but we are prioritizing the fight against the epidemic. "

Great NEWS !!! I was also almost cancelling. I am flying EWR-SXM-SBH on Nov 27 and would have to get a 24 hr PCR Test due to Thanksgiving which would be nearly impossible to obtain in NYC, unless I paid up with a Concierge Service.

Great NEWS !!! I was also almost cancelling. I am flying EWR-SXM-SBH on Nov 27 and would have to get a 24 hr PCR Test due to Thanksgiving which would be nearly impossible to obtain in NYC, unless I paid up with a Concierge Service.

So far, this only applies to SXM. SBH still has the 72 rule, but as you can see, things are very much in flux. I'm sure that if anything changes, you'll see it here on the forum, so stay tuned.

Phil

Hi: This different testing window requirements for both SXM and SBH are causing headaches for travelers arriving through SXM and immediately on to SBH. SXM currently allows a 5-day testing window, which provides sufficient time to receive test results back AND apply for the SXM entry form requirement PRIOR to leaving the US (or other country). SBH is still requiring a shorter 72-hour test window which significantly shortens the timeframe to comply with SXM's entry requirements prior to leaving one's home country. I'm not sure if I should get tested twice, or take my chances and test in the 72-hour window and pray that results come back in time to file my entry application with St Maarten. If anyone has any suggestions or reassurances I would love to hear them! Thanks

I had flights with UA from Newark to SXM and then SBH on November 27. As the 26th is Thanksgiving , I was going to get a PCR Test on Monday in time to get into SXM and then on Tuesday do another PCR Test to make the 72 Hr requirement for SBH. The idea was that I could get into SXM and that the Tuesday's PCR Test would arrive by FRiday in time for me to get into SBH.

However, Yesterday UA cancelled EWR to SXM flights and as such, I was able to switch for Friday from EWR-SJU-SBH with no additional cost on Tradewind.

Now, I am working on getting a TEST on Tuesday November 23 with a 24 hr turnaround in New York or New Jersey , or worse case scenario to have an email by Friday AM in time to give to Tradewind on Friday afternoon.

Will keep everyone posted on the developments. HOWEVER, be careful NYC area to SXM flights are getting cancelled for November.

Hi: This different testing window requirements for both SXM and SBH are causing headaches for travelers arriving through SXM and immediately on to SBH. SXM currently allows a 5-day testing window, which provides sufficient time to receive test results back AND apply for the SXM entry form requirement PRIOR to leaving the US (or other country). SBH is still requiring a shorter 72-hour test window which significantly shortens the timeframe to comply with SXM's entry requirements prior to leaving one's home country. I'm not sure if I should get tested twice, or take my chances and test in the 72-hour window and pray that results come back in time to file my entry application with St Maarten. If anyone has any suggestions or reassurances I would love to hear them! Thanks

Check this post from a recent traveler who paid a for-fee service for fast turnaround. It's not cheap ($219/person), but it is fast. If you use this service, the nasal swab test is the one to use, not the sputum test. SXM insists on a nasopharyngheal rt-PCR test.

https://www.sbhonline.com/forums/showthread.php/99805

HOWEVER, be careful NYC area to SXM flights are getting cancelled for November.

Ugh. Thank you so much for posting this. We're trying to finalize a late November trip and need to use up our SBC credits from June. We have been considering United into SXM. I think we'll try AA from Miami instead, and keep fingers crossed...