Wrapping-up my packing

cec1

Senior Insider
. . . to leave SBH for a return to FL. A final, late night swim . . . admiring the moon, with Venus shining nearby. Champagne tonight with local friends wishing me a safe & speedy return . . . and a quiet, delicious dinner of shrimp, brown rice, and green beans. My nearly two month rest in St. Barths has been wonderful — such a harsh & cruel time for so many in other parts of the world, I have felt blessed to be in the relatively safe SBH environment, with many long time friends. It also was a very productive period, maintenance & improvements at the Villa for the new season. Yes! There will be one!
D6461CB0-0294-405A-AFC5-DEE4EDC79BAD.jpeg

Safe travels, Dennis and thank you for the words and pictures you put online this trip. Great seeing you looking so well and enjoying a quieter St Barths. Hi to Wendy for us.

Bon voyage, Dennis. Thank you for sharing your retreat with us. Wishing the peace you found stays with you until you’re able to return.

Bon voyage and thanks for all the island insights and learning the art of photo posting!

bon retour ! was fun for all of us being vicariously along for the ride thru your beautifully descriptive prose and sbh insider insights !

Hope your return is/was "uneventful." Safe travels!

Not quite uneventful . . . plane out of SJU departed almost an hour late. Arrived PHL for change of plane to JAX, with only 15 minutes to change terminals. Carry-on luggage. A crazy dash from B-something to C23. (I surprised myself at being able to do so!) Door of the JetBridge had been closed, but door of the plane was still open. A VERY nice AA gate agent opened the door to let me board!

Now about 10 minutes from landing in Jacksonville. Contrary to the famous saying of W. C. Fields, “On the whole, I’d rather [NOT] be in Philadelphia” tonight. If it can’t be SBH, home-sweet-home in JAX will be very nice.

Enjoy walking thru your door. Then hugs, food, and rest! All that walking in St Barths had you in good shape. Bravo!

Congrats! PHL may be a great airport to arrive/depart at, but I really really hate changing planes there.