Tradewind Rocks!

amyb

Senior Insider
A beautiful morning flight of 5 passengers with superior caring crew and help in San Juan. Thank you TRADEWIND. Lounge pre Delta afternoon flight was quiet and relaxing. Delta to JFK, just the way I like it. A wee bit of turbulence and otherwise uneventful.

Preboarding Delta flight in San Juan we were given a statement of health form to complete and turn in at JFK. Collected as we deplaned.

We are back on the Isle of Long. with tons of chores awaiting but wanted to let you know we made it home safe and sound.

St Barth was a great spot for us to handle the virus and the quarantine. We are grateful that we could be in such a safe haven with low levels of angst and stress.

Everybody, be smart, be safe and take care of each other!

Very happy to hear that your travels were uneventful...prayers answered.

Take it easy, wear your mask and stay away from people. St Barth is expecting you back later in the year.

((HUGS))

Important PS. Because we did not stay in San Juan over 24 hours, there is NO quarantine now that we are home. We will be super cautious so that we can in fact get back . You all stay well too!

. . . have been thinking about & missing the two of you! Thanks for letting us know of your safe & smooth trip. Looking forward to “next time!”

Amy, so glad to hear that you and Phil had a smooth journey home yesterday! Tradewind definitely rocks! Keep safe and healthy, too.

Important PS. Because we did not stay in San Juan over 24 hours, there is NO quarantine now that we are home. We will be super cautious so that we can in fact get back . You all stay well too!

okay so no quarantine because you didn't stay in San Juan over 24 hours. Did they ask you where you were transiting from? what about people who fly from a high risk zone for COVID via San Juan.. still no test to enter the US? seems like a loophole or am I missing something.

okay so no quarantine because you didn't stay in San Juan over 24 hours. Did they ask you where you were transiting from? what about people who fly from a high risk zone for COVID via San Juan.. still no test to enter the US? seems like a loophole or am I missing something.

. . . seems like a “loophole!” When I went through SJU this morning, I was stopped four times between Customs / Immigration by men in white hazmat suits to ask if I were in transit . . . all before I was allowed onto an elevator to go to “security” for the airline “gates.” Each time I was asked for my boarding pass (I had pre-printed it before leaving SBH). No one asked me where I was coming from.

when the three of us Amy, Phil & I went through the airport we were with a tradewind rep, no stops by anyone.

when the three of us Amy, Phil & I went through the airport we were with a tradewind rep, no stops by anyone.
Tradewind reps always are great. I guess they figured that I could find the way by myself, and I did. The hazmat-suited people who queried me were VERY polite & walked with me short distances to make sure that I was on the right path. The airport, BTW, was nearly empty. No one — not a single person — in line at TSA “security,” for example.

Tradewind reps always are great. I guess they figured that I could find the way by myself, and I did. The hazmat-suited people who queried me were VERY polite & walked with me short distances to make sure that I was on the right path. The airport, BTW, was nearly empty. No one — not a single person — in line at TSA “security,” for example.

I guess I am being too inquisitive but if you can't go to NY from about a dozen other states.... why can you go from San Juan? put me down as confused...especially as Puerto Rico is on this list
https://abc7ny.com/new-york-quarantine-jersey-nj-states/6284542/

Are you sure that you “can’t go to NY . . . ?” I can go to NY from FL, e.g. But I can’t stay there unless I quarantine for two weeks, which doesn’t apply if I’m simply passing through (“in transit”). I understand that there also are certain exceptions — business-related need, for example.

Are you sure that you “can’t go to NY . . . ?” I can go to NY from FL, e.g. But I can’t stay there unless I quarantine for two weeks, which doesn’t apply if I’m simply passing through (“in transit”). I understand that there also are certain exceptions — business-related need, for example.

that's what I meant... you can go, with a 14-day quarantine.. there are apparently 30 states for which that is the case if you want to stay in NY State, upon arrival coming from Puerto Rico and the other 29 on the list. anyway, as long as everyone stays healthy, that's what matters. case closed.

I guess I am being too inquisitive but if you can't go to NY from about a dozen other states.... why can you go from San Juan? put me down as confused...especially as Puerto Rico is on this list
https://abc7ny.com/new-york-quarantine-jersey-nj-states/6284542/
Hi Ellen. A couple of things at play: NY rules and CDC rules. Someone correct me if I have any of this wrong but this is my understanding:

Best I can tell the CDC rules only pertain to "foreign Nationals". Doesn't make sense to me, but I read the website as a US citizen can return from even a level 3 high risk Country with no legal requirement to be tested or quarantine. A foreign national traveler, however, will be prohibited from entry into the United States if coming from these same high risk locations

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/map-and-travel-notices.html

NY does require quarantine from the areas listed as high risk by NYS (such as Puerto Rico and many States) for everyone, but the NYS "rules" only pertain to US States and US territories. They do not address other Countries. Puerto Rico is on the NY list of locations that require a quarantine if returning to NY, but as Amy stated, since she was there less than 24 hours the quarantine is not necessary.