Zion Restaurant — September 2

cec1

Senior Insider
An especially wonderful evening! Dinner . . . seated at the counter (also known as the “Chef’s Table”), with a ringside seat in viewing food preparations & the meticulous attention given to “plating” and presentation. Memorably great theatre . . . all flawlessly executed.

My first course was a small celeriac salad, topped with pieces of cashew nuts, green curry calamari, and red onion “pickles.” 07F33220-573D-48B5-AF2F-89182AC37A92.jpeg

. . . followed by an unusual main course — “Crispy Lamb Bacon” on a bed of bulgur and red pepper purée, with grilled Spring onions and lightly “dressed” with a smoked reduction sauce of lamb juices. Intensely flavorful (almost “game-y”) and tender, this slightly fatty cut from the loin had been slow-cooked (76 C) for 10 hours and was unforgettably delicious. 40C07249-6F79-404E-BCFE-EF9CEA4F60C6.jpeg

A couple of scoops of house-made sorbet (blueberry & red fruit) 6AE4C4E7-5CBE-4DC7-9423-EBEA51A2F6DB.jpeg
and a 2008 Haut Medoc wine completed a gourmet dining experience. Kudos to Chef / Proprietor Jean Baptiste and his kitchen colleagues, Oceane and Theo. A1C7C3FC-12A3-48B5-AC15-02916CEB636E.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, Amy . . . don't know why my photos didn't show-up. I clearly still have something to learn about posting photos!

Dennis,
Email me those photos and I will edit them in for you. I just added a photo successfuly to your thread, and then deleted.

Great photos Dennis! I'm always amazed at how you can read a menu on SBH, get an idea in your head of what you'll get, and then have something COMPLETELY different show up to the table. Now, granted, sometimes this is due to a strange French/English translation. But more often than not it's because of the ultra-high levels of creativity demonstrated by the chefs. The celeraic salad looks wonderful!

D’accord. That salad with sautéed calamari is just wonderful. I look forward to enjoying that again when next we dine at Zion.