Lafayette Club Postcard

KevinS

Senior Insider
I found this old postcard from the Lafayette Club in Grand Cul de Sac, where your credit card was always a little bit melted after paying for lunch.

Lafayette Club Postacrd.jpg

Overcoming any client price resistance was often accomplished with the arrival of the first cocktails.

Lafayette Club.jpg

Looks wonderful!! Wish we had experienced a lovely waterside lunch there....Merci, Kevin!

I walked by the site today. On the fence on the water side, there’s a very primitive, faded, hand-lettered “For Sale” sign. Before long, I expect that someone will buy the former La Gloriette site & the two small houses between it & the Lafayette Club site &build a large villa!

still today the most expensive lunch I have ever had!--the fashion show models,the chalkboard menu in the sand ! My wife and I really enjoyed it !! Miss this place

We have spotted George on island from Time to time.

Crazy expensive, but so St Barths back in the day.

I miss it too. Our special anniversary lunch locale. Then sunset cocktails at Carl Gustaf. Then heading to Le Gaiac at Toiny for a truly gourmet dinner.

A day of celebration for sure.

still today the most expensive lunch I have ever had!--the fashion show models,the chalkboard menu in the sand ! My wife and I really enjoyed it !! Miss this place
The first lunch I remember ever having on St Barth was at Lafayette Club. Was in 1999 (I think) and all I remember about it was that a piece of fish cost $42 (in francs).

We have spotted George on island from Time to time.

Crazy expensive, but so St Barths back in the day.

I miss it too. Our special anniversary lunch locale. Then sunset cocktails at Carl Gustaf. Then heading to Le Gaiac at Toiny for a truly gourmet dinner.

A day of celebration for sure.

. . . romance!

I have the white chambray with blue lettering on the back.I wear it unbuttoned and as a shirt/jacket. A treasured momento.

I am hearing that the property has at last been sold. What could possibly get built there? Wink wink

Thanks Kevin. It is my avatar, BTW. It was our favorite spot too, as we lived next to it. This and Le Rivage on another side. I know the owner of les ondines tried to buy the lot back in the day, but George wanted at least 10 mil, which was too much then. It probably much more now.