Remember this place? Remember this song? Remember this guy?

Ahhh, the gessier, gizzard, salad and the goat cheese salad and the pizza. Some pretty good fare.

yes...true...and we do like the high-end places too...it wasn't i don't like the food...it was "I'm too above these people to dine with them"...

But, I'll stack up Andy's mussels with any 4 star french restaurant any day...LOL

Those mussels were popular.i am allergic, so never tried them. But any night several portions were served! I likes his garlicky escargot a lot too.

We have friends who still rave about the hot stone cookery. Start with the duck to grease the stone!

Nothing like pizza and frites. SXM St Barts 390.jpg

I will add that he seems very happy in his new location--5 years 'new' already.

Yes . . . it seems that Andy has found another “family” of friends & happiness in his new locale. Very happy for him. With respect to Andy’s SBH legacy — and a song that came to be identified with the Hideaway location — proprietor / chef of Zion Restaurant, Jean-Baptiste, has told me that people coming into Zion sometimes ask if he can play “Sweet Caroline!”

It was the place on first eve of arrival. Amy, I believe I told you about the gizzard salad many years ago. Sooo tasty.

So many first nights there at Hideway. Great warm welcome by Andy and his crew-Thiery, Todd, Chris. Also Alain and the perky Hafida.

Yes, you turned me on to that gesier salad. Have not had one in 5 years plus!

So many first nights there at Hideway. Great warm welcome by Andy and his crew-Thiery, Todd, Chris. Also Alain and the perky Hafida.

Yes, you turned me on to that gesier salad. Have not had one in 5 years plus!

We ran into Alain and Thierry last night, they were having drinks together at Bar de l'Oubli...

Love the place. Hate the song.

Zion is great but I miss the Hideaway a lot. To me it was the cross roads of St Bart's. I still remember how one night as we showed up for dinner, Andy looks at me and said something like "Oh you are regulars, get a drink, here's the wifi password and I'll get your table ready." Made us feel like we belonged there. I think that's he how made a lot of people feel which was why it was such a great place. Despite that song.

Love the place. Hate the song.

Zion is great but I miss the Hideaway a lot. To me it was the cross roads of St Bart's. I still remember how one night as we showed up for dinner, Andy looks at me and said something like "Oh you are regulars, get a drink, here's the wifi password and I'll get your table ready." Made us feel like we belonged there. I think that's he how made a lot of people feel which was why it was such a great place. Despite that song.

D’accord! There undoubtedly have been a few exceptions, but I would say that Andy subscribes — even to this day — to the words of Will Rogers, “I never met a man I didn’t like!” Andy . . . true???

I loved Andy's...it was always our first night dinner and my favorite part was the rhum vanille. We were truly sad when he left and Hafida then left after that. I hope they are all doing well, wherever they landed.