Manapany lunch

cec1

Senior Insider
. . . a delicious recent lunch of “Vitello Tonnato” at Hotel Manapany — slow-cooked minced veal in a tuna sauce, with small chunks of fresh raw tuna, capers, radishes, Romaine lettuce, & shavings of Parmesan cheese. The luncheon service is at outdoor tables, “toes in the sand,” in the shade of a grove of palm trees . . . with a steady, light breeze off the water of Anse des Cayes. A top SBH luncheon spot!

10D24D46-BFAE-4326-8E6D-79117BE92BE1.jpeg

One of my all time favorite dishes that I was introduced to by Manu when he was head honcho at Santa Fe in Lurin.. Sereno and L’Isola have also done wonderful presentations of this special platter.

Your picture has set my mouth watering.

Your meal and setting sounds just lovely, Dennis. Congratulations on your new skills; 2020 will always be remembered as the year you finally mastered this challenge.

Do tell about the wine you paired with this, svp.

Your meal and setting sounds just lovely, Dennis. Congratulations on your new skills; 2020 will always be remembered as the year you finally mastered this challenge.

Do tell about the wine you paired with this, svp.

It was a French Sauvignon Blanc — don’t remember the vineyard . . . but cool, dry, & refreshing for an August afternoon!

One of my all time favorite dishes that I was introduced to by Manu when he was head honcho at Santa Fe in Lurin.. Sereno and L’Isola have also done wonderful presentations of this special platter.

I’m a big fan of the dish, too, Amy . . . and it was near-perfect. Delicious sauce, without too much . . . and the meal was just the right size at lunch. I didn’t even have a starter (my companions shared a margarita pizza as a first course . . . it looked light &, again, a size that satisfied, but didn’t leave anyone groaning from too much food).

I was also salivating before I saw your post.

nice post, dennis. vitello tonnato, one of my faves.
one of the memorable dishes of recent years was four horsemen’s (brooklyn) yellowfin tuna tonnato. dreamy good variation on a classic.

going there tomorrow for a pedicure, and hoping they will have a cancellation for lunch. I called on wednesday and they said sunday was full. perhaps they will squeeze me in after the pedi?

going there tomorrow for a pedicure, and hoping they will have a cancellation for lunch. I called on wednesday and they said sunday was full. perhaps they will squeeze me in after the pedi?

. . . or, have lunch brought to you at the spa! Sitting alongside its beautiful private pool, at edge of the sea, would be a pretty nice way to continue the celebration!

Diana, were you able to enjoy lunch at the Manapany yesterday? Hope so!

no, I did have a great pedicure by the sea. manapany was full, then I went to pearl beach, nothing available till 3, so left there and went to shellona, nothing till 2, so I gave up and stopped by Maya's to go, coconut chicken and green beans for two people, all for 34 euros, a great deal!

no, I did have a great pedicure by the sea. manapany was full, then I went to pearl beach, nothing available till 3, so left there and went to shellona, nothing till 2, so I gave up and stopped by Maya's to go, coconut chicken and green beans for two people, all for 34 euros, a great deal!

Well, it sounds like you had a great afternoon, and a delightful lunch from Maya's To Go. Well played!