Covid 19 testing on island

ssdssi

SBH Member
If we stay on SBH longer than seven days, I understand that we must have a Covid test on the island on our seventh day. Do we then have to quarantine until we get results, and how long does it take to get the results?

Don’t have to quarantine after the test . . . and results are available in one business day (i.e., if the test is done on Friday, I think that the results would not be available ‘til Monday).

Don’t have to quarantine after the test . . . and results are available in one business day (i.e., if the test is done on Friday, I think that the results would not be available ‘til Monday).
Thanks Dennis

So if Friday is my seventh day and I get the Covid test and my return flight is Sunday, what happens? I won’t have my results yet; will they let me leave? Thank you for your information!

I do not think that you have to show test results in order to leave the island. I would say, however, that if Friday is your 7th day & you want to depart on Sunday, you should schedule an appointment on Thursday so that you will have results on Friday. After all, if it turned out that you have the virus, I expect that you wouldn’t want to infect other people while traveling.