Choisy Bakery in Lorient

amyb

Senior Insider
Today I enjoyed my favorite croissant EVER! Phil made the ride to Chiosy in Lorient and boy am I glad he did.

Today's croissant was the thinnest of airy crusty layers upon layers of buttery goodness. I added a dab of butter I had let soften, I added a schmear of room temperature strawberry preserves, and then I bit took a sip of home brewed coffee followed by a bite of my perfect croissant and started on a breakfast ride to heaven

Ahh, St Barths.

HAPPY SUNDAY

Today I enjoyed my favorite croissant EVER! Phil made the ride to Chiosy in Lorient and boy am I glad he did.

Today's croissant was the thinnest of airy crusty layers upon layers of buttery goodness. I added a dab of butter I had let soften, I added a smear of room temperature strawberry preserves, and then I bit took a sip of home brewed coffee followed by a bite of my perfect croissant and started on a breakfast ride to heaven

Ahh, St Barths.

HAPPY SUNDAY
The croissants on St.Barts are delicious. That is the start of each morning. The baguettes are also great with butter and preserves. Our go to breakfast while on St Barts.

Omg, count me in! I eat an almond croissant every morning (over 40 years!) and I would trade it in for Amy's version..with apricot jam. Bet I couldn’t eat just one, though; Amy must have much more self control than I!:wink2:

That’s my choice every morning we stay at Les Mouettes. Especially with the strawberry Bonne Maman.

I have to say that Sandra's gluten-free options at Café Gloriette are quite good, I wonder if she could make a rice flour croissant ?

Sandra is so very sensitive to healthy eating, including gluten- & dairy-free choices. It’s extraordinary in a small restaurant in such a small community. With enough notice, if it’s not a menu item, I know that Sandra will meet nearly every request! I appreciate the idea, Ellen . . . watch this space!