7 things not to miss on St Barts

Oh, I get it. La Langouste is part of l’Hôtel Baie des Anges. So they thought l’Anse des Flamands was named la Baie des Anges.

Oh, I get it. La Langouste is part of l’Hôtel Baie des Anges. So they thought l’Anse des Flamands was named la Baie des Anges.

As I recently drove to La Langouste at “la Baie des Anges,” I had the same question, Cass! I decided that the special identity specifically relates to the lovely proprietor, Annie, who is an “Ange!” She’s an island “classique,” deserving of special appellation.

As I recently drove to La Langouste at “la Baie des Anges,” I had the same question, Cass! I decided that the special identity specifically relates to the lovely proprietor, Annie, who is an “Ange!” She’s an island “classique,” deserving of special appellation.

Actually, it is because her husband's name is Jean-Pierre Ange, which indeed does mean angel in French, so when she married, she changed from her maiden name of Turbé to Ange, making her Annie Ange... but your version is more romantic!

la vraie baie des anges. entre nice et cap d'antibes. (c'est vrai, pascale ?)

Baie-des-Anges-1C.jpg

la vraie baie des anges. entre nice et cap d'antibes. (c'est vrai, pascale ?)

View attachment 53582

very nice spot, and to muddy the waters even more, there is a hotel called Baie des Anges there as well.. could the St Barth counterpart have taken the name of their hotel from that as well as from their own last name... where is Inspector Clouseau when we need him?