Attention Clods of The Forum Clod Corps

amyb

Senior Insider
Last night was dinner out..LANGOUSTE.

I had the marvelous Dover Sole with a side of boiled potatoes. Could not have been happier as I peeled away the melt in your mouth forkfuls of fish off of the bone. Just wanted to let you know, that as of now, I believe this to be the only island location where you can enjoy this fish. The spots 'dwindled down to a precious few' and this is the last locale I know of to enjoy this classic dish.

Delightful breeze and a a charming team of servers capably handled the well spaced crowd.

Consortium for Lovers of Dover Sole=CLODS

Amy, I've never had Dover sole, does it have a sauce ? 42 years ago for our wedding dinner, I had a fish, rockfish ? at a lovely country restaurant in PA that had a butter sauce. Dining has changed so much that this method seems to have disappeared. Can you describe what you enjoyed ? Thanks !

Butter sauce for sure, but not drowning in it. Usually served with a side of small boiled potatoes in a parsley and butter sauce.

It is usually filleted in the dining room at table side before serving. I prefer to work on the whole fish myself. I find it cools down too fast when the waiter filets it...a skill and fun to observe. I usually manage this with a single flip to get to the other side.

I also had Dover sole at La Langouste in a recent evening. But, had frites rather than boiled potatoes. A starter of lobster medallions with avocado in a very light vinaigrette (I omitted the citrus which normally accompanies this salad). All was terribly yummy! Service was perfect, and the lovely cool breeze through the restaurant (coming off the bay?) was refreshing. Former host Benjamin is missed, but it remains a restaurant that’s high in “the rotation!”

Sounds delicious, Amy, and so glad you enjoyed La Langouste’s version. I love the Dover sole at Maya’s...one of my favorite meals to enjoy on the island. And, always cool to watch the wait staff de-bone the fish. You’ve made me very hungry, suddenly!!

Ah...the CLODS Chief Diner is back! Your evening and your meal sounds divine. Knowing you can get your Sole fix makes me happy. Good on ya, my Yankee Soul Sister.

One of our last meals in February was at La Langouste it’s one of our favorite restaurants on the island, and yes Carole had the Dover Sole, which she still talks about

I also had Dover sole at La Langouste in a recent evening. But, had frites rather than boiled potatoes. A starter of lobster medallions with avocado in a very light vinaigrette (I omitted the citrus which normally accompanies this salad). All was terribly yummy! Service was perfect, and the lovely cool breeze through the restaurant (coming off the bay?) was refreshing. Former host Benjamin is missed, but it remains a restaurant that’s high in “the rotation!”
Always on our must dine list. Benjamin will definitely be missed. A wonderful waiter with a great sense of humor.

The team serving there has really come together beautifully. They work the room and help each other. Dover Sole? Lobster? Not too shabby! Ahh, St Barths.

We always have La Langouste on our dining schedule. Never miss it, one of our favorites. So glad to hear the team has come together well. Still miss Benjamin.