Airlines starting to ban valve face masks

davesmom

Senior Insider
https://www.johnnyjet.com/us-airlin...ail&utm_term=0_51fbbf85dd-c9df7a0471-32508393

I have read about face masks that are basically useless with valves (not including the N95 masks for health professionals) so you might want to be aware of the new airline regulations. I have no idea if they can distinguish between the N 95 masks or not🤪 so you may want to carry an extra mask without a valve with you. I don’t know much about the N95 masks myself for personal use but I don’t know if TSA would have issues if you brought your own now.

Cass and Dad:

[h=2]To Our Forum readers[/h]
Not too many years ago we allowed political posts and discussions to flourish in the Everything Else Forum. The rhetoric became so vitriolic that it was impossible to keep it from spilling over into the main Forums, either by reference or direct quote.

The moderators decided to end that practice and demanded our users to cease and desist. Other platforms are readily available for those rants.

The COVID-19 pandemic has created another firestorm of opinions and statistics that polarize our society as much, if not more than, the situation we experienced years ago.

The island of Saint Barthelémy is the one thing that brought us all to the Forum and keeps us coming back. We love and respect the people, culture and form of this very special place.

Of course we are all concerned for the island’s citizens and their economic well being. We are also concerned about our ability to safely return to see our friends and special places so dear to our hearts.

To do that we need to understand the evolving protocols for entry and the state of the health of the population to make informed decisions on our return plans. We all know return involves other stops along the way - San Juan for some and St. Martin for most. Entry protocols for those intermediate destinations are just as relevant as those on St. Barth and need to be disclosed as they become available and discussed openly and thoroughly.

What isn’t needed and will not be tolerated is discussion of the conditions in the United States . Those conditions and the inevitable debate on theories of epidemiology add nothing to our understanding of the how we plan our return to support our island friends.

From now on there will be no warnings, just quick deletion of any posts that wander into these domestic US topics.

Your Moderators: Kevin, Dennis and John​

Kevin Dennis and John I agree and have your backs. Keep up the fine work. I access this site to connect with past memories and future memories that connect me with an energy that is unsurpassed. Thank you.

I love the St. Barths forum and especially the moderators. Thank you all for what you do, I know it is a very time consuming task. John, what is inappropriate about "And so it goes". That is not a political statement and not a statement about US policies. I can predict there will be many more modifications regarding safety and Covid-19 regulations/policies/alterations from the St. Barths politicians.

I love the St. Barths forum and especially the moderators. Thank you all for what you do, I know it is a very time consuming task. John, what is inappropriate about "And so it goes". That is not a political statement and not a statement about US policies. I can predict there will be many more modifications regarding safety and Covid-19 regulations/policies/alterations from the St. Barths politicians.

+1, dad

Just fyi--I run a chain of Home Care agencies and have spent much time procuring needed PPE, including N-95 masks. The N-95 masks do not have valves of any kind. My husband and I wore them on flights last week.

Just fyi- The N-95 masks do not have valves of any kind..

A subset of N95s have exhalation valves, mainly for industrial uses but with limited applications in prepandemic health care when only the user needed protection.

Exhalation valves can make breathing out easier and reduce heat and moisture accumulation on the wearer's face but essentially result in the wearer being protected from others but others not being protected from the wearer.

Worms and Germs in posts here and here, the FDA, and the CDC are among websites that provide further explanatory information.